D&DExp Character Sheets!

Ulthwithian

First Post
Hmmm, no Warlord? How very disappointing. I have no fewer than 3 players in my group who are simply dying to see what the Warlord is like, and the omission is... irritating. Oh well, hope one hits today.

Last edited:

Anthraxus

Explorer
sukael said:
I find it interesting that the warlock gets a "Wizard Attack 1" power. Built-in cross training? Maybe all classes get something like the Expanded Knowledge class feature some spellcasters do now, letting them every so often pluck a power (of the same type and level) from a different classes' list.

Maybe the Half-elf gets the ability to pick powers from other class lists?

Cadfan

First Post
Anthraxus said:
Maybe the Half-elf gets the ability to pick powers from other class lists?
I think the Half Elf gets to pick skills from other class lists. Notice Streetwise and Theivery on a Warlock? That seems... possibly like an import from another class. I could be wrong, but it seems possible.

Deverash

First Post
Lurker37 said:
Alternative theory - the Warlock has rituals, but no first-level ones.
Another alternative theory - warlocks can do any arcane ritual, but needs a feat to do be able to do them. Wizards get that feat for free(like rogues get the Trapfinding feat for free).

Emirikol

Adventurer
These print out pretty well. I had to shrink the paladin one to 91% though.

Thanks for posting. We look forward to seeing the rest of them.

Jay H
Grateful

Zinovia

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
The character sheets posted all have Noun-Noun style last names, just like so many of the 4e monsters and powers.

Redmoon
Ironforge
Duskmeadow

I'm amused.
adjnoun_grad_outline.png

It's all about that fluffy fantasy feel. It's the same way people come up with guild names in WoW (which is what I made that logo for - not sure if they ever used it). Stuff like "Frozen Twilight" or "Chaotic Dreams", or "My Little PWNy" ;) Golden Wyvern fits that too. Actually I'd rather have a monster with a descriptive name, like a Vicejaw crocodile, rather than a Large Dire Crocodile. /yawn.

I've actually studied onomastics (because I'm a geek). While adjective noun names aren't that common historically speaking, they do show up. Norse names for instance sometimes included nicknames rather than the more common patronymic surnames. The funniest of those was one that translated to "Merchantship-bosom". :D Really. She must have had huge... tracts of land.

More common were profession names (Joseph Baker), locative names (Robin of Bristol), patronymics (Halla Svensdottir), or simple descriptives (Eric the Red).

Anywho... thread derailment aside. Carry on. I am reading about 4E goodies with interest. :D

evilbob

Explorer
Favorite thing so far: 1st level wizards are both tougher and have FEWER options.

Yes: fewer. Fewer is better. 1st level wizards are too complicated, especially for newbies. This is much, much better.

So far I like everything I see! There is still a lot of math that eludes me, and not having it in front of me it's hard to know how hard it would be to -update- these sheets when new items/levels are gained, but so far it looks nice...

Maybe the books will come with an auto-generating something-or-other online for you to print out sheets like this?

Remove ads