• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 all sides are 20s

Nytmare

David Jose
I think that Chessex might only offer the service on d6s?

Chessex said:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• We can offer this process on six-sided dice with pips (spots) where the customized side is on the 1’s or the 6’s side in about 15 of our most popular colors.[/FONT]

Q-Workshop offers custom d20s, but it doesn't look like they'll do one that is only numbers...

Q-Workshop said:
Note: Q-workshop insists that each face of the die contains additional pattern apart from numbers – we are producing only truly unusual dice!

I, personally, would probably grab a bunch of the blank Chessex d20s and take them to an engraver. A laser engraver should be able to spit one of these out in no time.

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
I think that Chessex might only offer the service on d6s?

Nytemare, I read that as being specific to d6s with Pips rather than numbers. I know they'll do custom d4s, because they've made some for me, as I said, so I don't think this is meant to indicate than they only work on d6s -- but d6s are the only dice (typically) that have pips instead of numbers.

-rg

h0b0byter99

First Post
Chessex Reply to this request

I asked Chessex if this was something they could do because I too was interested in making these for my pathfinder and DnD groups. But $20 each was a bit high for me. Here is their response. The email address I used to contact them was: contact (at) chessex (dot) com

Hello,

We do have entirely blank d20s onto which we can engrave the "20" onto
every face. These dice would be $20.00 each, however, with twenty
custom faces per die.

Production time for this project (10 dice) would take about three weeks to
complete due to the holidays.

Would you still be interested?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Joseph Kogin
Chessex Manufacturing

Nytmare

David Jose
Yeah, I had been hoping that an engraver might have a way to lock at once and do them in one fell swoop, as opposed to doing each die, one side at a time, twenty times.

Remove ads