• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Apocalypse] After the Blast IC

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Hop in guys, there's still some room here in the back. Kyle shouts from the truck. Turning to the others he continues. I don't care who they are, they act civil and that's all that matter in times like this to me.

Willette

First Post
As he herds Gadget into the back of the truck Xavier pauses for a moment and looks in the direction of the intersection, hanging his head for a moment, "Don't worry dad I'll protect her...".

Sgt. James Matthews; 6/32

James takes a moment to look over the newcomers standing with one leg up on the running board. After the others are done talking, he simply opens the passenger side door.

"Hop on in; we're all in this together. One thing though: you say you know weapons, that's fine. Just don't use them unless you have to. A lot of folks are scared right now, and if we get into a situation, we try and talk our way through it first. "

He then turns to Dr. Quirroga, "Prof, I'm all kinds of ready to go... once everyone's in, I say step on it. Harry, where we headed?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Day 0, November 3rd, 2020, Approx. 12:05 PM (18:05 GMT)

"Okay, now you're gonna wanna turn left onto 143rd street here. Damn, there's a lotta crap in the way."

As you turn onto the thoroughfare, you can see it is littered with overturned vehicles and debris from nearby buildings. Road signs and street lights have been blown over by the force of the atomic winds. As you drive by, you see countless people in various stages of agony. Some of them are terribly wounded, others simply aghast at the destruction caused by the explosion. A few try to approach you as you are the only moving vehicle on the road, but you are getting a little cramped as it is with 9 people (Aziz and Harry included) and you know you would be of little help anyway.

"Oh jeeze, this is tough. Everything looks so different. All the damage... Is ya speedometer workin'? Good, it is. Don't drive further than a mile. I know the next turn ain't further than a mile from here."

The driving is difficult. Debris and detritus covers the road. Your path is obscured in every direction and you are unable to drive faster than 30 miles per hour along any stretch. You pass by several turns until finally Harry yells, "Stop! Stop! Stop! This is the one. Turn right here."

You turn and continue down the road. There are fewer vehicles along this road but the havoc is just as real. On one side of the road is a residential district and you can see numerous homes with roofs blown off or worse. Some people lay dead or dying on their lawns, clearly having attempted to crawl for help from their collapsed dwellings. Eventually, you arrive at your destination.

In addition to a dozen or so ruined vehicles lie what appear to be three enormous heads of men, face-down in the parking lot, an advertising gimmick for the auto shop. "I never seen Manny, Moe and Jack lookin' so down," Harry grimly jokes as you pull into the parking lot.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Very well, at least we are here! I though we'll never do. Fine, some of you come with me, the others stay at the truck." Quiroga steps out of the truck with a jump.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
During the trip Terrence was quiet and reserved nodding to to answer most questions. Once they got to the destination he jumped out and walked up to the man who seemed to be an intellectual. "I'll come with you, I'll do some reacon and come back if everything seems ok."

Dekana

Explorer
"You don't mind if I come with, right? I can't just wait in the car like this..." Not waiting for an answer, Sophie hops out onto her feat.

failedreality

First Post
Tom Buckner 12/23

Tom was thankful that they found the group and now have a vehicle that they are in. Obliviously he really didn't know anyone except Terrence who he had just met, so he had to have some trust in these newly found friends.

"I will stay back at the truck and keep any eye on things. Just hurry in case anyone gets a big idea and decides to take it."

Remove ads