• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 / D&D 3.5] d100 NPCs Thread

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Ditto on the Kudos to John. The escaped murderer is a great npc. He's the kind of NPC who should show up in a game once or twice but you rarely think to put together.

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
Wow...I feel loved :) Glad you liked him. Next time I get an idea for a cool NPC, I'll post it; with Turanil leaving, it's up to us to complete this thread!

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
I've hung around these boards since just after Eric Noah started his 3rd edition news, before 3e actually appeared, and I have to say this is one of the best threads I've ever seen. I hope it gets finished and formatted into a document of some kind - it really deserves recognition. Great work, folks.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
What happened to Turanil?
I would still love to see these NPCs go to PDF or somesuch.
What do people think about the new NPC layout in DMGII? I find it much better and very easy to use. I wonder if these NPCs get to PDF what format we should use. I certainly would vote for the DMG II layout - but that may be too much work to do here.
Would love to add some more NPCs, but again, I have internet and dnd stuff in diff places. Must remember to get this thread finished ;)
Connors

Turanil

First Post
I am still posting on ENworld, but must admit I have lost interest in this thread. Right now it is too much work for me to make a well done PDF with it. As such, if someone wants to do it (or at least make a simple word document), I would okay with that.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
I'll try to contribute an NPC or two and get this thread finished. I may even take the time to put it together as a Word document (If I wanted, I could then print it as a pdf using one of the free pdf creator files I got on the net, but I don't know that doing that would be an improvement on a word doc). I don't have any hosting facilities at the moment so someone else would have to do that too..

Turanil

First Post
Elder-Basilisk said:
I don't have any hosting facilities at the moment so someone else would have to do that too..
Once the word document is done, I can turn it into a PDF; and then I will host it on my server.

derbacher

Explorer
To Turanil and Elder-Basilisk: (as the two most active, I figure you're in charge!)

This is a great thread. I have wanted to contribute for a long time, but every time I came up with an idea, someone beat me to it! I'm going to try and get a few up here, but I want to offer my time:

I have made a Word document including all of the entries so far, and will add the last when they are done. (Hey, I'm a teacher with nothing to do in the summer, so why not spend a couple hours on this!) I will be happy to send it off to whoever would want to do the final edit. It has no special formatting, and has been corrected for the few simple spelling errors that were present. I didn't correct anyone's grammar; I get enough of that during the school year!

I have the capability of creating and formatting a PDF, but I have seen Turanil's work on his site, and the artwork is much better than anything I would do. If you want the Word document, just let me know where to send it. (Right now it is 64 pages and 248K in size).

derbacher

Explorer
Let's try one:

#95 - The Tax Collector
Male Human Exp3 ; (PHB)

The typical evil advisor. He does his job very well, and is always accompanied by at least four 2nd level warriors as guards. He is trained to find the worth of a citizen’s goods and tax them to the last copper. At this level, he probably works for a duke or baron, rather than the king. This guy does not want to get into a fight, and will surrender immediately if his guards are overcome.

Alignment: LE

Entry's name: Tax Collector Male Human Exp3.
Combat: AC= 10 (touch 10, flat-footed 10); Hit-points: 13; Initiative: +0; Speed: 30; BAB +2 /+2, Grapple +2, melee: +2 (1d4, critical 19-20/x2, dagger).
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +3.
Abilities: Str 10 (+0), Dex 10 (+0), Con 10 (+0), Int 15 (+2), Wis 11 (+0), Cha 13 (+1).
Skills: Appraise +8, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +3, Forgery +4, Gather Information +11, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (Geography) +6, Knowledge (Local) +8, Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) +8, Search +4, Sense Motive +9, Spot +4.
Feats and Powers: Investigator, Deceitful, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Skill Focus: Sense Motive, Armor Proficiency: light.
Equipment: dagger; wagon, horse, heavy, bit and bridle; Chest; Courtier`s outfit; Ink (vial); Inkpen; Inquisitive`s kit; Paper (sheet) (10); 43 gp; 9 sp; Goggles of Minute Seeing.

Remove ads