• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Future] 22nd Century: Solar Odyssey to Hell. [The game]

Kecia Tavernier

First Post
"I'll go as the bodyguard. If you can distract any of the people present when we're there, I should be able to easily plant the bug without anybody noticing," Kecia stated, immediately volunteering.

Caine Freerover

First Post
[OOC: Sorry I've been out of touch all weekend, my daughter has been sick and I haven't had much time at home to log on.]

"Vincent, perhaps you should clarify that we have no intention of bringing large amounts of antimatter aboard or creating antimatter, but rather we are researching novel containment technologies. The techniques for safely containing antimatter and plasma are similar, and we're trying to puch the envelope in creating containment fields that are more easily manipulated and shaped. This should ease their fears of a sudden explosion on the station..."

Caine will draw up a list of rare items that would be useful for such research. Number one on the list would be to obtain small amounts of antimatter for testing from time to time. Otherwise he'll try to slip into the list bits of technology from the antimatter bombs--high-end military-restricted superconducting coils and power cells, for example. I'll go for a list that has 2 or 3 hard-to-obtain items that the bombs would have, plus the antimatter, plus another half-dozen items that could be difficult to find but aren't associated with military applications.

"When they do research on us afterwards it may seem funny to them that you're bringing a couple of biologists to talk about antimatter and plasma containment.
Christopher, we shouldn't give our real names. "

Caine Freerover said:
Caine will draw up a list of rare items that would be useful for such research. Number one on the list would be to obtain small amounts of antimatter for testing from time to time. Otherwise he'll try to slip into the list bits of technology from the antimatter bombs--high-end military-restricted superconducting coils and power cells, for example. I'll go for a list that has 2 or 3 hard-to-obtain items that the bombs would have, plus the antimatter, plus another half-dozen items that could be difficult to find but aren't associated with military applications.

"When they do research on us afterwards it may seem funny to them that you're bringing a couple of biologists to talk about antimatter and plasma containment.
Christopher, we shouldn't give our real names. "

Sounds like a good plan. Don't worry, I've also studied technology. Probably not as much as you, but still I've looked at stuff like anti-matter power generation... enough to talk to them about it. If we ever run into intelligent life using another power source, I'll be prepared.

Lambert's face takes on a wistful look.

Nonetheless, Lambert will later on brush up on his anti-matter technology knowledge.

Last edited:

Turanil

First Post
And so, you come to Ashira_29 station, and into Shemezgan & Balmers office.

The place appears to be extremely sumptuous: an hint at their exhorbitant fees. You are greeted by both of them, the apparently friendly Mr. Shemezgan, and the cold Mr. Balmers who sits there almost immobile and offers few comments.

- "Please have a seat, and, if I may Mr. Collins, can I offer you cigars from cuba, a rare commodity of a past era?" Shemezgan sits behind his large desk of real wood, and looks at you all pleasantly "So, tell me about your business, and how we could cooperate to mutually beneficial ends... What did you tell me yesterday... antimatter?..."

All the while, Kecia remains standing in the back of the room, with some small electronic spying device in her pocket.

Last edited:

Vincent Collins

First Post
"Mr. Shemezgan, this is my science team, Mr. Lambert, Mr. Hart, and our bodyguards and shuttle crew." Vincent waves dismissively to the marines and others assembled, takes a cigar, lights it a puffs slowly.

"We are particularly interested in plasma and antimatter containment. We want to create more reliable, versatile, and malleable methods for transportation and utilization of antimatter or plasma. My team has assembled a list of items we need. None are illegal. Many are restricted. I need to ask you sir, do you have any experience working with the substance called antimatter? Are these times within your means of acquisition? Tell me a little about what your company has been able to do for people like us in the past..."

Vincent fixes and intent stare on the man in front of him, and begins to read into Shemezgan’s emotional reactions, probing at key moments to detect any sign of deception or withheld information. Or suspicion for that matter.

OOC: Tell me any rolls that need to be made. Anyone feel free to embellish the negotiations. Except for the Robut... ;)

Caine Freerover

First Post
Caine will read from the list he prepared, then pass it over. Hopefully Vincent will pick up something of interest when he mentions the 'key' items that could come from the bombs.

Turanil

First Post
Mr. Shemezgan listens carefully, being obviously extremely interested. Using his Empathic psionic ability, Vincent detects that the guy knows nothing about Antimatter; he probably hears about it for the first time, that is, as far as his business could be involved in it. In fact, he seems slightly afraid, but above all extremely excited. You think that he is really happy to now be acquainted with a company dealing in this stuff. You understand that his job consists in knowing people, and being an intermediary. What appears to be much likely from your empathic reading, is that he above all hopes something like being able to sell your services to some other clients...

- "Well, Mister Collins, let me admit that I never dealt with antimatter before. However, this shouldn't prevent me to help you acquire what you request." Then, Shemezgan looks sorry for a moment and pursues: "I hope you understand that I cannot divulge the name of my clients. Even if they don't specifically request confidentiality, it's not in my habit to tell about their business. Nonetheless, I can tell you that my company has already been involved in industrial equipment if you want to know. Well, equipment in the field of biogenetics and cybernetics to be more precise. I can assure you, that our clients were extremely satisfied, despite that... mmmh... all of this came at a cost of course."

And with that last sentence, Vincent discerns that Shemezgan is driven by greed. An absolutely overwhelming greed that could led him to sell his mother... if only he could get a good price for her of course.

[OOC: Vincent can use his Sense Motive skill, to try perceive Shemezgan's emotional responses. However, in this particular case, I think Vincent would rather use his psionic Empathy ability, which works like a better Sense Motive skill, and Shemezgan failed his saving throw]

Last edited:

Brendan Radley

First Post
Brendan sits in the shuttle with Jay, waiting in case of an emergency. He browses through a few things on his heads up display, looking for a file or somesuch on his computer card.

"You think the others are doing alright? he asks, making conversation.

Caine Freerover

First Post
Turanil said:
"I hope you understand that I cannot divulge the name of my clients. Even if they don't specifically request confidentiality, it's not in my habit to tell about their business. Nonetheless, I can tell you that my company has already been involved in industrial equipment if you want to know. Well, equipment in the field of biogenetics and cybernetics to be more precise. I can assure you, that our clients were extremely satisfied, despite that... mmmh... all of this came at a cost of course."

And with that last sentence, Vincent discerns that Shemezgan is driven by greed. An absolutely overwhelming greed that could led him to sell his mother... if only he could get a good price for her of course.

Caine responds immediately, hoping to give Vincent more clues to pick up on.
In ann excited tone he asks, "Would that be the Shabu-Avindranath Corp.? I met one of their scientists yesterday, who used to have something of a reputation in the field."

Then he catches himself, embarassed. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. Please
ignore the question, I wouldn't dream of asking you to break confidentiality. It's just that cybernetics are one of my passions."

Last edited:

Turanil

First Post
For a few seconds, Shemezgan's face looks blank. But then he smiles warmly, and denies: "Shabul-Avnirandath?... Ah yes, I see... Well, no, sorry. I have no business with them..." Shemezgan looks really genuine, but his composed smile, despite being really professional, doesn't fool Vincent's empathic psi-sensing... So the truth is: yes. Yes, it clearly appears that Shemezgan has dealt a lot with Shabu-Avindranath Corp.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads