• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20: Military Sourcebook?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I would like to purchase a D20 [print] book chock full of info for military vehicles (mostly ground vehicles and aircraft), feats, PrCs and other stuff. Not necessarily looking for weapons, as I have D20 Weapons Locker. I do not know what is out there so any advice would be appreciated. Also I'd like to state that I am not any near interested in Spycraft, as I have looked it over and does not fuel my imagination.

Wasgo

Explorer
I'd recommend Blood and Guts by RPGObjects. The current version has about 12 pages on vehicles and is an excellent military book. While it is PDF primarily, there is a print version available too, but only of the main sourcebook. However, as of today they've annouced a second edition, so I'd probably wait to pick that one up in pdf instead. PDF really isn't that bad once you get used to it.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Imho

Your best bet for vehicles is d20 Modern Vanguard, but the BESM Military Vehicles would also do.

For characters look to RPGObjects Blood and Guts: Modern Military. I have the pdf version but I believe you can order a POD version.

DragonSword

First Post
Committed Hero said:
Your best bet for vehicles is d20 Modern Vanguard, but the BESM Military Vehicles would also do.

For characters look to RPGObjects Blood and Guts: Modern Military. I have the pdf version but I believe you can order a POD version.
I'd seriously recommend Modern Military - lots of good stuff for those military campaigns.

Breakdaddy

First Post
Blood & Guts rocks, but since they are working on a new version, I would probably hold off. On the other hand, Guardians of the Order's Military Vehicles is a nice resource, but you MUST have some familiarity with the D20 Mecha system or the book is a lot less useful. The D20 Mecha rules can be purchased in PDF form relatively inexpensively though, so not too big a deal.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Committed Hero said:

How is d20 Modern Vanguard? I've seen it around and have a general idea of what it covers, but I've heard absolutely nothing about it.

Committed Hero

Adventurer
jaerdaph said:
How is d20 Modern Vanguard? I've seen it around and have a general idea of what it covers, but I've heard absolutely nothing about it.

I'm happy with it, although it could have a wider focus. It says it sticks to material relative to the war on terror, and does so, detailing only US weapons/vehicles along with old Soviet stuff and whatever else terrorists might be armed with. So on one hand you get stats for an Essex-class (IIRC) aircraft carrier but not (say) an Israeli Merkava or French Mirage.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Committed Hero said:
I'm happy with it, although it could have a wider focus. It says it sticks to material relative to the war on terror, and does so, detailing only US weapons/vehicles along with old Soviet stuff and whatever else terrorists might be armed with. So on one hand you get stats for an Essex-class (IIRC) aircraft carrier but not (say) an Israeli Merkava or French Mirage.

Thanks. :) Would you say the game stats are fairly accurate and (more importantly) correctly done? FFE has some very creative people with neat ideas, but they aren't exactly known for their command of d20.

elrics

Explorer
Breakdaddy said:
On the other hand, Guardians of the Order's Military Vehicles is a nice resource, but you MUST have some familiarity with the D20 Mecha system or the book is a lot less useful. The D20 Mecha rules can be purchased in PDF form relatively inexpensively though, so not too big a deal.

Actually, you can get the d20Mecha rules free, in zipped RTF format: http://www.guardiansorder.com/games/d20/srd/

Cheers,

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads