• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dad's memories, "What is that adventure?"

Sekhmet

First Post
[MENTION=1210]the Jester[/MENTION] I started gaming in AD&D, so I'm fairly well familiar with the difference in general lethality. I used to come to sessions prepared with four or five different level 1 characters, because I knew I'd likely at least lose one or two.

the Jester

Legend
[MENTION=1210]the Jester[/MENTION] I started gaming in AD&D, so I'm fairly well familiar with the difference in general lethality. I used to come to sessions prepared with four or five different level 1 characters, because I knew I'd likely at least lose one or two.

Yeah, that's the ol' 1e spirit! :lol:

I understand Dungeon Crawl Classics rpg starts everyone off with a half-dozen zero level pcs and weeds 'em down. Sounds like fun to me!

Storminator

First Post

I understand Dungeon Crawl Classics rpg starts everyone off with a half-dozen zero level pcs and weeds 'em down. Sounds like fun to me!

We would run a 1st level adventure. Then we would run another 1st level adventure with different PCs. Then we would pool the survivors and run a 2nd level adventure. . .

"I stand atop the pyramid of death!" - said every one of our high level characters.

PS

Sekhmet

First Post

My dad taught me, early on, to keep a pool of your characters that are "between adventures" of various levels, so if one of your 4th level characters dies in this adventure, you can bring in another 4th level character that you're familiar with.
He didn't like the idea of making characters higher than 1st level.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads