Daenerys Targaryen to face the Terminator

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Really? I find that ... a surprising opinion.
It did not age well. Like, aged terribadly. Bad FXs, bad photography, bad acting, bad script, horrible dialogues. Cameron can't film or write. Check out Aliens, Titanic or Avatar. T-2 is an accident.

Ok. I need to see Abyss beofre making it a define judgement. I will see it this week. Satisfied?

Craddoke

First Post
It did not age well. Like, aged terribadly. Bad FXs, bad photography, bad acting, bad script, horrible dialogues. Cameron can't film or write. Check out Aliens, Titanic or Avatar. T-2 is an accident.

Ok. I need to see Abyss beofre making it a define judgement. I will see it this week. Satisfied?

Hmmm... The only clunker in that list is Avatar. I would also look into some FX history -- particularly who Stan Winston is.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Hmmm... The only clunker in that list is Avatar.
Lulz, bait! Nice try, they are all horrible films.

I would also look into some FX history -- particularly who Stan Winston is.
Who did it is less important than how it looks. That naked Terminator "walking" at the end? Fail. Arny's hair after he get's burn? Fail.

And I see you did not challenge script, photo, acting, dialogues, etc. So what is left? The plot? (John, I am your father... From the future and you sent me... Yeah, your mom was hot. /snikers)

Craddoke

First Post
I don't hold much hope, but if you want to educate yourself check out the Stan Winston article on Wikipedia.

(BTW I'm focusing on your FX complaint because, while I disagree with your other opinions, there's no accounting for taste. Saying that the FX is bad, though, is objectively wrong)

Please do not hint at other people being uneducated or otherwise less than you. Thanks. - Lwaxy

Last edited by a moderator:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
FWIW, Terminator's stop-motion animated sequences were actually fairly state-of-the-art for the time, especially for a low-budget film. CGI was still in its infancy- there was some used in Westworld and Futureworld in the 1970s, but only a little. Even in the 1980s, it was Used sparingly because of its expense. It wasn't until Toy Story in the 1990s that you had an all-CGI film.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases