Daily Art Preview

Hussar

Legend
Haven't been looking at the art for a bit.

Last few have been very, very good.

Deathpriest is very cool, otyugh juicy, demons very sweet and the yuan-ti anathama is freaky.

Four for four on this round.

lutecius

Explorer
The black dragon's pose and proportions are off. Really inferior to the white by the same artist, imo.

I could actually use that otyugh even though I never liked dnd joke-monsters. I have some reservations about Swekel's Pit Fiend and Balor articulations and musculature but that guy can do great colours and gaping maws.
He should have done the manticore. Isn't it weird that you could count every tooth in the tarrasque's mouth but have absolutely no indication that a manticore has three rows of teeth?

Sam Wood's demons are good (er… chaotic evil) but his trolls, ogres and other demon batches (notably the one with the marilith and vrock) are better.

The yuanti is not bad, but I can't see a green cobra without thinking of the 80's cartoons and toy lines. Maybe it needs more subdued colours, and a better pose. Also, the fangs look more mammalian than snaky.

frankthedm

First Post
lutecius said:
The yuanti is not bad, but I can't see a green cobra without thinking of the 80's cartoons and toy lines.
Considering there is a Yuan-ti sporting He-Man's 'armor' in the 4E MM, you are not the only one.

Hussar

Legend
Clavis said:
That part of the Manticore legend goes back as far as Pliny The Elder.

Learn something new every day. Never knew that one. Cool. Manticores and wyverns are probably my favourite D&D beasties.

Remove ads