D&D General DALL·E 3 does amazing D&D art

Reynard

Legend
Rather than argue about the legal or ethical aspects of AI art in this thread, why don't we share more awesome images?
Prompt: in a deep dungeon lit with a purplish glow, a robed wizard and a centaur wearing knight armor are attacked by a fire breathing wyvern as the cross a narrow stone bridge
bridge.jpg

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Rather than argue about the legal or ethical aspects of AI art in this thread, why don't we share more awesome images?
Prompt: in a deep dungeon lit with a purplish glow, a robed wizard and a centaur wearing knight armor are attacked by a fire breathing wyvern as the cross a narrow stone bridge
View attachment 296868
Aww, but how can we get our daily dose of cathartic righteous indignation that way?!

Clint_L

Hero
In America, where WotC is, the current law is that AI work cannot copyrighted unless there is sufficient original creative input, which specifically may include user prompts if they are detailed and extensive enough (ie there are many iterations). Obviously the word “sufficient” is doing a lot of heavy lifting and I am sure will see tons of litigation.

That also sets aside other legal issues, such as various lawsuits regarding varieties of “scraping” type techniques that most generative AIs employ in their learning. Not A Lawyer, but beware of anyone making definitive claims about AI and copyright in your legal jurisdiction, especially randos on the internet (like me).

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
And why not in B&DBeyond? It would be like promotion.
Because WotC wants to actually own what's there and they actively prevent people from posting stolen concepts as homebrew
on could argue that the AI art itself is a derivative work of the prompt, which would mean it can't be used without permission from the prompt author.
AI prompters have made this argument in court and lost.

While the case law isn't settled it leans heavily in favor of the lack of humanity being a significant flaw in defending ownership.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I've spent my morning finding (I'm reluctant to use the word ''create'' or ''make'') art for key moments of our fresh CoS campaign.
_c3a6bfea-29fe-47df-a0d9-c56733e6e5b4.jpg Family Reunion (burying Rose and Torn hand-in-hand)
_6040ea58-7fd8-417b-b80c-77fe4c605886.jpg Rat-Boy and the Frog Skewer ( Our street-druid steal a strange wand from the manor)
_d6577ca0-af12-4a53-b702-b09bd3bc3dd6.jpgDeath of a friend (My monk died holding off the shambling mound)
_8ab1e073-bf2e-4252-93eb-bed1b30a27ad.jpgA Night in Barovia (Our Owlin fighter explore the mist-shrouded forest)
_425f38dc-20a7-426d-91b9-7470a0287517.jpg The Carriage ( our welcoming committee)
_ef388cc3-0a35-4add-9971-aa32daf69f3e.jpg Last Sending of the Burgomaster (Our fire genasti cleric says a prayer at the funeral)
_c02e8993-0988-4259-b009-20bd325020ba.jpg Wolves Under the Bridge (My diviner's ritual is interrupted by angry wolves as we camp under the river's bridge)
_4f70b62d-68c4-42ff-b1e3-dae7b6cb86a1.jpg Madame D'Avenir (the old diviner is waiting for us on her caravan's porch)

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I've spent my morning finding (I'm reluctant to use the word ''create'' or ''make'') art for key moments of our fresh CoS campaign.
View attachment 296876 Family Reunion (burying Rose and Torn hand-in-hand)
View attachment 296879 Rat-Boy and the Frog Skewer ( Our street-druid steal a strange wand from the manor)
View attachment 296877Death of a friend (My monk died holding off the shambling mound)
View attachment 296878A Night in Barovia (Our Owlin fighter explore the mist-shrouded forest)
View attachment 296880 The Carriage ( our welcoming committee)
View attachment 296881 Last Sending of the Burgomaster (Our fire genasti cleric says a prayer at the funeral)
View attachment 296882 Wolves Under the Bridge (My diviner's ritual is interrupted by angry wolves as we camp under the river's bridge)
View attachment 296883 Madame D'Avenir (the old diviner is waiting for us on her caravan's porch)
What sort of terms in the prompt do you use to get the drawing style?

Remove ads