• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter: Discovery, The First Mission

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith gets up and smiles ruefully. "Looks like I get to be Daphne -and- Velma. Heavy is the cross..." She sighs theatrically and starts to follow Cade out...then pauses to hear the reactions of the high-ups to Diego's question.

Falkus

Explorer
Z took Cade's laptop. "No problem," she said. "There'll be a spare in the minivan."

"There'll be a map in the van with your directions," Ryker commented.

Stanfield fielded Diego's question. "Some of it's real, a lot of it's not. There's a lot of stuff that gets no publicity in any form. As for god, well, we don't know. Or if we do, you need higher clearance than I do to know about it."

Friadoc

Explorer
"Figures," says Cade with a roguish smile on his face, when Diego's question about God is answered. With the keys to the mini-van twirling on his finger as he heads out, he adds, "They all say that!"

Last edited:

iwatt

First Post
Larry is ready to roll in the minivan. He could tell Cade would have preferred to go out in his Scout, but the soccer-mobile would probably draw less attention. "Shotgun. he calls before taking the copilot's seat.

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith throws open the sliding "middle" door of the minivan and gets in the second row of seats.

Taking in the acoutrements, she can't help but comment, "Wow...pretty nice. I can actually feel myself being drawn to soccer games, even though I haven't got any kids."

With a wry smirk she then calls up to the front seats, "Is the Minivan of Doom ready to roll?"

Falkus

Explorer
As you approached the van, one of the security personnel in his suit and sunglasses was leaving it, having placed the requested laptop in one of the back seats. As promised, there was a map and an address on the front passenger's seat, with the route outlined.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Nick involves himself in any idle conversation the group may have. Otherwise, he'll catch a nap if he can.

ooc: are we going to play out this car trip, or just fast forward to the action?

Friadoc

Explorer
"Minivan of Doom?" says Cade as he looks over his shoulder at Meredith with a slight chuckle. "Noble effort, but even 'minivan' can such the cool out of such lofty labels as doom."
However, Cade does at a wink for the reporter before turning around to start the vehicle.

But, not without his own quip, Cade adds, "Here's to hoping we find a Cassandra and not a Carrie or Charlie."

kinem

Adventurer
Diego is a bit dissapointed at the answer to his questions. Oh well, as I expected. I'll have to ask for some kind of list of what's real and what's not.

"This Magic Bus ain't so bad" he says. "But haven't you read the myths? Prophets are way more trouble than firestarters. I hope she's fake."

Remove ads