D&D 2E Darksun 30th anniversary article from comicbook.com

darjr

I crit!
From Troy Denning
In honor of Dark Sun's 30th anniversary, Jamie Lovett wrote a great article on the game's conception, based on interviews with me, Tim Brown, and Brom. The only thing I would add is that Mary Kirchoff played a big part in conceptualizing the world, too.

I wonder how the metaplot would continue, because I suspect there are still some mysteries to be revealed, and because I feel curiosity about the rest of that world, how was the planet and the crystal sphere.

Zardnaar

Legend
I wonder how the metaplot would continue, because I suspect there are still some mysteries to be revealed, and because I feel curiosity about the rest of that world, how was the planet and the crystal sphere.

Was gonna post this myself good read.

There's been hints.

1. The messenger was gonna return. It was a Halfling spaceship with nature masters/benders who were in stasis.

2. Secrets of the Deadlands. Canceled product detailing the dead lands.

3. Dregoth Ascending. Canceled product Dregoth was gonna try and become a god.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Was gonna post this myself good read.

There's been hints.

1. The messenger was gonna return. It was a Halfling spaceship with nature masters/benders who were in stasis.

2. Secrets of the Deadlands. Canceled product detailing the dead lands.

3. Dregoth Ascending. Canceled product Dregoth was gonna try and become a god.
so terraformer with a grudge, undead plots and a lunatic becoming the only dark god for a dark world sounds fun

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Great article and very interesting timing. I wonder when we see a darksun product for 5e & how much of 5.5 it will have in it.. Some of the very late 3.0 books with names that escape me were a not quite 3.0 anymore but almost 3.5 in some ways so it's a reasonable thing to wonder about if darksun is going to be a vehicle for change.

J-H

Hero
I really, really like the idea and setting of Dark Sun.
I have no ideas for a campaign that I would actually want to run there, though.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I really, really like the idea and setting of Dark Sun.
I have no ideas for a campaign that I would actually want to run there, though.
find a module and run that it is what those things were made for as inspiration is not a reliable thing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases