• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Darkvision Goggles

PrinceZane

First Post
I apologize if this has been mentioned before. However, we could not find an item on this and my rogue is desperately looking for something along these lines.

Goggles of Night: The lenses of this item are made of dark crystal. Even though the lenses are opaque, when placed over the eyes of the wearer they enable him to see normally and also grant him 60-foot darkvision. Both lenses must be worn for the magic to be effective.

Faint transmutation; CL 3rd; Craft Wondrous Item, darkvision; Price 12,000 gp.

I got 8k from the fact that it’s a 2nd level spell, 4th level caster, and times 2k which is the base price multiplier from the DMG. Then I multiplied that 8000gp by 1.5 since the footnote said to do so, and its duration (which is 1/hr per level) isn’t down there. I picked one that was close

Please advise if this seems alright in both legality and math. I'm open to any feedback.

Thanks for your time. :)

PrinceZane

First Post
You know... just ignore this. Rofl.

Apparently I've been trying too hard and overlooking them in the DMG. The rogue sent me the text, I just assumed that he made it up since I hadn't seen them before.

Sorry for the confusion and ignorance.

Thanks Pyrex.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads