Darwin's World vs D20 Apocalypse?

PosterBoy

First Post
Brutorz Bill said:
Hey Chris,
Love your work!!
Spent most of today working up NPC's for my upcoming PA Campaign. DW2 Rocks!
Since you are also a fan of Redline, any thoughts of working up some unofficial conversion notes to DW2??
Sincere Regards,
Brutorz Bill

Yes, working on a road warrior / deathrace based supplement and series of adventures. I'll certainly be using OGC from redline and other sources.

I may aslo add some of the converted rules to the DW 2 reprint (which I guess would not make it a reprint if I add stuff).

Ymdar

Explorer
Cutter XXIII said:
They work fantastically together.

I incorporated all DW mutations and drawbacks into the d20 Future/Apoc table, and found that assigning an MP value to each was easy. I ended up dropping one or two DW drawbacks, but some of the mutations were so close to the d20 version as to be virtually identical (which is encouraging!).

could you drop me an email to ymdar0 at gmail dot com ?

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
Masada said:
If you had DW2 and d20 Modern, what would you need d20 Apoc for? DW2 is a complete setting/campaign. D20 Apoc helps you build a setting... Assuming you like the D2 setting, then you are done.

Well, for one thing, the d20 Apocalypse TU system is better for simulating a post-apocalyptic economy than DW's Corium, and DW gets REALLY high tech in places, more so than some will want.

Emiricol

timespike said:
Well, for one thing, the d20 Apocalypse TU system is better for simulating a post-apocalyptic economy than DW's Corium, and DW gets REALLY high tech in places, more so than some will want.

If the only reasons to buy D20Apoc instead of Darwins World 2 are these, I think DW2 presents the better value. Add to this the fact that the really high tech can simply be ignored if you prefer, without altering anything significantly (ie without any real effort on the DMs part), and the value goes up yet more.

However - D20 Apoc is basically modular. It's complementary to DW2, not competitive, which is a Very Good Thing (tm).

Cutter XXIII said:
All because of little old me? :D

Got you covered, Mr. Mayhem.

Disclaimer: Some of the MP values in my chart have been changed from their d20 Future/Apocalypse values. In some cases this was to make everything dovetail with the Darwin's World info. In other cases (e.g., Blood Thirst) I changed the MP value because I thought it was a typo, or flat-out wrong.

Could I also please get a copy? I'm at emiricol AT emiricol DOT com .

Thanks!

Last edited:

Remove ads