• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Daywalker

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Demons and Giants have blood, they are elementals.
Shadar kai and death giants have blood, they are shadow.
Devils have blood, they are immortals.
Fey have blood.
Mind flayers and beholders have blood.

Too much wording.

erik_the_guy

First Post
Demons and Giants have blood, they are elementals.
Shadar kai and death giants have blood, they are shadow.
Devils have blood, they are immortals.
Fey have blood.
Mind flayers and beholders have blood.

Too much wording.

I completely agree with you. You should just leave the power as is, let it target anyone whether they have blood or no. Either come up with excuses on a case-by-case basis or just ignore it.

generalhenry

First Post
I think it's a simple matter of setting the vampire metaphysics right.

Blood is awkward, but having the metaphysics based on draining lifeforce and it works fine.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Ninja all you way. Half vampires are boring and 4E race system makes it hard to be powerful races. I'd love one more feature that is not too monstrous that can replace the skill bonuses. Something that reflect that daywalkers used to be vampires but now mortals.

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
I think it's a simple matter of setting the vampire metaphysics right.

Blood is awkward, but having the metaphysics based on draining lifeforce and it works fine.

Or rather, set the daywalker metaphysics right.

They were vampires and drank blood and all that, but the purification process changed that. The priests who purified the vampires believed drinking blood to be abhorrent and a blasphemy, but realized that vampires couldn't survive by eating regularly; the priests thus changed the daywalkers' food source from blood to life energy and encouraged them to drain the life of evil creatures. Evil daywalkers still only need life energy, but they go after innocents and drink their blood purely out of cruelty.

Sounds better?

DreamingGod

First Post
*bump*

Too good to fall behind!

Well, isn't it generally assumed in most settings, metaphysics-wise, that when a vampire drinks blood its for the "Life-Force"?

Considering that the daywalker won't get much blood in in a few seconds they won't be getting much blood per encounter, or we could go te V:tM/V:tR rougte and say they expended most of the blood in that healing surge they get, and only keep a little for nourishment.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
I added more fluff. Setting setting have vampire drink blood for life force anyway. Still need that magical 3rd feature. I was thinking....

Slow Disease. You cannot reach the final stage of a disease.
Vigor of the Night: At night or under complete darkness, you gain +2 to saves.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads