[DB] Resting

SgtHulka

First Post
In the Dungeon Bash rules it says you roll twice for encounters while the party is resting. However, I can't find where or if it says what the roll is. Logic would dictate that it's either:
a) automatic and in this case "roll" refers to the random encounter chart, not the variable random encounter track -or-
b) the highest possible number on the random encounter track, twice.

But then it's possible the intention was to roll on the current random encounter track (so if it's currently on 2 you roll 2 and then if it goes up to 3 you roll 3).

Is this explicitly stated anywhere? If not, what was the designer(s) intent?

Thanks in advance.

Flyspeck23

First Post
You use the Turn Track as usual. Otherwise there'd be two encouters every rest with 100% certainty.

Note that if you roll two random encounters, these won't happen at the same time, but rather one after the other (with another character on watch).

To not go off topic in the playtester thread, I'll answer your request here:
SgtHulka said:
I can't wait for this! Can I make a humble request? That you make the wilderness portion compatible with the variant hex grid rules found here?. I'm not asking that you don't use a square grid for the rules...I'm just asking you to keep hexes in the back of your mind so you don't have a rule that specifically prohibits players from converting to hexes, because I'd like to use the heroscape hex tiles for this game.
I don't know why (or how) I could forbid that ;)

Skarn Rapajya

First Post
Flyspeck23 said:
You use the Turn Track as usual. Otherwise there'd be two encouters every rest with 100% certainty.

Note that if you roll two random encounters, these won't happen at the same time, but rather one after the other (with another character on watch).

And don't forget the optional Survival roles to possibly reduce the chance of that random encounter.

BTW, Stefan, a clarification: Does success on the Survival role adjust the TARGET number for an encounter, or the position on the Turn Tracker?

Remove ads