DDAL DDAL Coordinator/Admin Badges

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION] suggested that DDAL coordinators/admins get some kind of badge here at EN World so they can be easily identified. I think that's a fine idea, although I'm not personally familiar enough with the way DDAL is organized to go about that, and I don't know whether any of those Coords/Admins post here?

So what do I need to know? What are the DDAL roles, and for which would a badge be of any use?

kalani

First Post
Hi Morrus, I can help you with that. We are organized with the following top-down structure:

• Admin: These 6 individuals govern all of AL
  • Region Coordinator: Each of the Regional Coordinators governs a large region (eg. US. Far West, or Oceania)
  • Senior Local Coordinator: Some regions are so large that they have Senior LCs which help the RC coordinate the numerous smaller areas and Local Coordinators within the region
  • Local Coordinator: Local Coordinators (such as myself) govern a smaller region and report directly to our individual Region Coordinators (RC) or Senior Local Coordinator (SLC, if any). LCs govern regions which vary from a single city or area, to as large as an entire province/state.

Badges would be of use to all of these positions, as we like to remain visible within the AL community (we use hashtags on FB for this purpose). The Adventurers League community knows the responsibilities and authority of each position within the league.

Hope this helps :D

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's incredibly helpful - thank you! Would things be better with one badge, or do you feel that four badges are needed?

kalani

First Post
While one badge might suffice, I think that having at least 3 badges (Admin, Regional Coordinator, Local Coordinator) would be ideal, as both Admins and Regional Coordinators have greater authority and responsibility within the league.

At present, Senior Local Coordinator is a new position within the league - and their responsibilities are very similar to that of Local Coordinators. To my knowledge, all current SLCs are found within a single region - US. Far West, as it was simply too large an area for a single RC to manage.

If it is possible to create all 4 badges, that would be ideal - but failing that, the 3 main positions (Admin, RC, LC) should be distinguished from one another.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
More important, I think, might be getting larger signatures. On the official boards, my sig had important info/links/email regarding my region. Is there some way to do that here?

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Actually, should someone create a Community for AL Admins, RCs and LCs? It should probably be an Admin who takes ownership.

Remove ads