DDEX1-7 Drums in the Marsh

Ricochet

Explorer
Originally posted by HeresyDM:

DM only discussion for DDEX1_7: Drums in the Marsh

Running this on Saturday so I thought I would open a topic for it (plus I have a question.)

So my question is: where are the Trank River/Twilight Marsh in relation to Phlan? The module says the Crossing Inn is within several hours of Phlan but I cannot find either the river or the swamp on any map or in the Forgotten Realms Atlas.

Originally posted by Lord_Toast:

HeresyDM wrote:So my question is: where are the Trank River/Twilight Marsh in relation to Phlan? The module says the Crossing Inn is within several hours of Phlan but I cannot find either the river or the swamp on any map or in the Forgotten Realms Atlas.
If you use the player's area map from Ruins of Adventure then they are east of Phlan and the Quivering Forest. Of course this is assuming Dragonspine Mountains are North of Phlan on the old map.

Originally posted by Pauper:

The easternmost part of the Dragonspine Mountains serve as the headlands for the Stojanow River, which flows southeast from the mountains through Phlan into the Moonsea. There is some marshy land to the northeast between the Quivering Forest and the Moonwatch Hills on the way to Thar, and that seems to be where the adventure is set.

--
Pauper

I found the Ruins of Adventure map as Lord_Toast suggested and that explains the location. It's different than all of the other maps I have but good enough.

prje37b.gif

Originally posted by Pauper:

Ah, man -- takes me back to the good old days of MacPaint.

Originally posted by Deniska:

Hi there.

This one can be used as a general area map:

http://dicehaven.com/wp-content/uploads/darkshelf.png

It's not detailed to work as a map of adventure, but can serve as a starting point. Together with the phrase: "Ok guys, You're somewhere in this area"

Originally posted by Hakoah:

Greetings!

My group and I completed this module yesterday at our FLGS and had a great time. With our normal GM out for the afternoon we were a bit puzzled by the Keoghtom's Ointment certificate as it did not explain mechanics and instead directed us to the DMG or DND Basic PDF on the website. We have browsed the currently available DM Basic and Player Basic PDFs but aren't having much luck finding the entry.

Are we looking in the correct location or is this something that our regular DM will need to find through his AL organizer's account?

Cheers!

Originally posted by Deniska:

Hakoah wrote:Greetings!

My group and I completed this module yesterday at our FLGS and had a great time. With our normal GM out for the afternoon we were a bit puzzled by the Keoghtom's Ointment certificate as it did not explain mechanics and instead directed us to the DMG or DND Basic PDF on the website. We have browsed the currently available DM Basic and Player Basic PDFs but aren't having much luck finding the entry.

Are we looking in the correct location or is this something that our regular DM will need to find through his AL organizer's account?

Cheers!
Google founds this one:
http://home.comcast.net/~tpcarpent/bard/items/KeoghtumsOintment.html

Deniska wrote:
Hakoah wrote:Greetings!

Cheers!
Google founds this one:
http://home.comcast.net/~tpcarpent/bard/items/KeoghtumsOintment.html
That is the description straight from the first edition AD&D DMG, not sure if/how it will be different for 5e.

A new version of the DM Basic Rules went up yesterday that has Keoghtom's Ointment and Cloak of Elvenkind (from Tales Trees Tell). http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

Keoghtom’s Ointment
Wondrous item, uncommon
This glass jar, 3 inches in diameter, contains 1d4 + 1
doses of a thick mixture that smells faintly of aloe. The
jar and its contents weigh 1/2 pound.
As an action, one dose of the ointment can be
swallowed or applied to the skin. The creature that
receives it regains 2d8 + 2 hit points, ceases to be
poisoned, and is cured of any disease.

Remove ads