DDEX3-10 Quelling the Horde *Spoilers*

Steve_MND

First Post
What do you guys think? What would Agrak's response be? He hasn't got time to pack up the horde and move them somewhere else, and I'm not sure a megalomaniac like him would do that anyway.

I had a similar situation with my group; they left for a short rest after clearing out the front half. In the intervening time, as you said, the goblins don't have time to relocate, but they could set up defense, bulwarks, traps, etc. I had my guys archers defend the boss' parapet from the climbing side, had him barricaded in on the opposite entry with his best guards, and had the visiting demon set up human-shield roadblocks/cover using the captives in their cages. In some ways, leaving the bad guys an hour to fortify their position might be worse than not taking that short rest to begin with...

Lejaun

First Post
The goblins are definitely going to be on guard and ready for the next raid on them. He's probably going to set up some ambushes and traps. Maybe the goblins will hide on top of the cliff. When the PC's come, they let lose with arrows as the PCs try to climb up and Agrak uses his abilities to cause chaos. If the PC's start getting the upper hand, they retreat and the hide where the animated armor is.

pukunui

Legend
Awesome! Thanks.

I'll have them set up some barricades in the guard caravan with some archers positioned to delay the PCs long enough that a goblin runner can flee down the tunnel to warn the others that the PCs are coming back. Then I'll have the goblins barricade the narrow passages leading around the caverns. I'll also have Agrak put some archers up on the parapet.

Using the prisoners as human shields is a great idea too! I'll have a think about where they might put them.

And I'm still thinking they'd move the animated armors into a more useful position than way back in the armory.

Remove ads