DDI Character Builder

Iosue

Legend
Half the team will be retrenched once Next is released and within a year there will be nobody employed by WotC who will remember the promise. All they will see is a number of 4E fans and then questions will be raised as to why they're being encouraged so the e-tools will be turned off.
This makes sense in a world where WotC follows the paradigm of "All previous editions are shut-down to encourage movement to the new edition!" It doesn't make quite as much with WotC following, "Material from throughout D&D's history will be made commercially available, with reprints of 1e, 2e, and 3e. It's a celebration!"

LeStew

Explorer
in a world where previous editions are readily available, I'd guess they'd make a standalone product that has all the correct math and all the feats from all the books. i'd also think a Monster Builder would be in that pie in the sky idea as well. But what do i know.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
This makes sense in a world where WotC follows the paradigm of "All previous editions are shut-down to encourage movement to the new edition!" It doesn't make quite as much with WotC following, "Material from throughout D&D's history will be made commercially available, with reprints of 1e, 2e, and 3e. It's a celebration!"

Yes, although it seems that 4E is being considered the red-headed stepchild of the editions... plus, as the most recent edition with a rather unique take on D&D, I suspect WotC management might categorise it as a threat.

Then again, if I am being completely frank, I simply expect WotC to break this commitment because that it what they do when it comes to e-things.

LeStew

Explorer
Then again, if I am being completely frank, I simply expect WotC to break this commitment because that it what they do when it comes to e-things.

That's true. They're track record isn't spectacular...

So do we think there is an update to the WebCB looming anywhere? or would going to find the offline cb be a good course of action right about now?

Last edited:

Remove ads