• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDM Lives! Through Official Fan License.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
Great thoughts and suggestions on prize support. Thanks :D

Of course the ONE prize that would probably increase sales is impossible, unless you could convince someone to spare some Snowballs. ;)

Another thing that was missing or felt missing from DDM that Magic USED TO have was the Arena. A month long sanctioned tournament you could play against anyone and at the end there was a prize.

Not sure how that works in the existing DDI structure, but gave chance for impromptu gaming to increase sales and product awareness, since you could decide when you wanted to enter the tournament during the month, and how often you wanted to participate.

Of course some sort of participation gimmick was in place to give something for entering. But again that is for the Guilds accounting and logistics departments to figure out how that could be done with WotC, legalities, and the DCI....

JohnnyQuest

First Post
Snowballs ... yeah ...

I like the arena idea. Our FLGS used to do a month-long league featuring a map with different territories. You'd start with one territory and then challenge someone to a skirmish in order to gain control of new territories. The person with the most land wins.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
Snowballs ... yeah ...

I like the arena idea. Our FLGS used to do a month-long league featuring a map with different territories. You'd start with one territory and then challenge someone to a skirmish in order to gain control of new territories. The person with the most land wins.

DDM Risk. :]

justanobody

Banned
Banned
Sort of 40k method in which the conquest of the prebvious year/month determines what happens in the furture scenarios.

So having a month long arena would alter the DDM world and people would affect the next months games by the "popular" results of the past month actions from the players and winners of the regions for all of the arena.

Hmmm... many ideas swirling around in my pensieve....

But one god thing about it as well as bad, would be people don't need to bring their own maps, and the maps would be set forth for them and available at the venues.

Players would start the arena with some "faction", for lack of a better word, and work through as that faction to see what areas are conquer and how the world changes for the next month.

Of course the bad thing would be speed of results and getting the right maps sent out and mean certain "factions" will have a default map to play on.

But that just standardizes things a bit more and gives people and option to play and breach borders to get to new areas to play against other people, and a break-away faction built in to allow anyone to play anyone else so that the "rebels" of all factions exist and can get to regions outside their own control to fight all other factions.

Something like that?

JohnnyQuest

First Post
Yep, it sounds interesting. I'd encourage you to write up the scenario rules and post them on the WotC forum for Tried's attention. He loves thinking about new scenario ideas.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
Yep, it sounds interesting. I'd encourage you to write up the scenario rules and post them on the WotC forum for Tried's attention. He loves thinking about new scenario ideas.

:erm: The WotC forums...do I have to?

I can write them up and place them here somewhere in the minis forum maybe.

If I can attach zip files to include example images of the ideas and such along with the text.

justanobody

Banned
Banned
Heh, your call. I know he frequents the WotC forums, but I'm not sure about ENWorld. I can let him know, though.

Ok I may be able to have an example years worth of league scenarios in concept by Monday providing the weather doesn't kill my power.

Any prefered image format to make the most out of avilable ENWorld storage space if compressed volume files are not able to be attached with my user level for Tried, yourself or others?

Not sure if I will try making the example maps in CC2 or the AD&D core rules map maker, or even just shop em up or dig out one of the WotC tile programs so people can make their own maps with existing tiles (and WotC can sell more tiles of the newer and older sets to encourage dual support of DDM and D&D play. ;) )

I will work on the text today, and try images over the weekend when I know the preferred method and file type best for you guys.

(Might even make a flash video of examples if enough time.)

JohnnyQuest

First Post
I don't know of any preferred image type. Do what works for you, I guess. I'd look to just outline the concept in detail, rather than doing a lot of work on specifics, if you know what I mean.

Remove ads