• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDM Minis: Do you stow them away or put them on display?

KB9JMQ

First Post
I display one of each mini on my bookshelves sorted by one group or another.
Most of the other duplicates are stored by type in one of several storage bins.
After that the rest are just tossed in a plastic tub.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Both.

I display all of my Larges and Huges. I also display my growing collection of custom repaints in pride of place along the top of my dual monitors. The remaining pieces -- about 2150 of them so far -- are sorted into 40 categories and stored in 800-count card-boxes, which themselves are stored in three-by-four card-houses, which are kept on shelves within reach of the DM-Chair.

My categories are things like, "Weapon-and-Shield Warriors," "Rangers, Rogues, and Dual-Wielders," "Orcs 1," "Orcs 2," "Aberrations," and so on.

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
I store mine in tackle boxes (for ease of storage and travel). The ones I use have a large compartment on top for huges and some larges...

storage1.jpg

CTSparky

Explorer
storage

Well I'm a mini's player so....

I store all but the most competition worthy into see through plastic shoe boxes that I got at walmart. Thes are labeled by set and then stored in a huge rolling tupperware container that fits about 16 of the boxes.

My competiion and RPG minis I store withall the maps and paraphenailia in a large tackle box.

Umbran said:
I stow mine (not actually DDM, but minis is minis). Of course, it really feels as if they spend most of their time sitting around on the project table in various stages of unfinished painting... :(

So very true. I have a drawer of 20 to be primed, a drawer of 20-30 primed and in need of painting, a drawer of about 10 that are various stages of painting and a drawer of 10 or so that are ready for clear coating. It gets out of hand very quickly.

Dannyalcatraz said:
I store most of them.

To do so, I built a tower of Sterlite stacking drawers about 7' high.
Example:
http://coastalbay.zoovy.com/product/BULK2003-1?meta=dealtime-BULK2003-1

They come in various sizes.

Almost EXACTLY what I use. I have about 60 of them set up on top of some short shelves. I then label these by type. Aberrations I,II and III, Animals, Animals: Dire I and II, Aspects and so on and so on. At last count I had about 4500 DDM to store. The Huges go into much bigger drawers similiar to the smaller ones.
The shelves they are on are used to store my Chessex storage cases that have my metal figures and carrying cases of 40K figures. Then I have various shoe boxes of unpainted and unopened figures.

Metal figures in various stages of paint prep and finish have their own drawers also. These are labeled also.

The worse- I need more boxes!

dogoftheunderworld said:
I store mine in tackle boxes (for ease of storage and travel). The ones I use have a large compartment on top for huges and some larges...

storage1.jpg

This is what I place my 40K Tyranids within. Fishing tackle clear boxes that stack/store within a canvas carrier. Hero Clix also.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads