Deactivate your account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You can deactivate your account at the following link (this is in your account settings):

Non-functional link removed. ~Umbran

We can't do it for you. You have to do it yourself. Account deactivation is permanent and cannot be undone.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapnZapp

Legend
An uneducated guess, @Tony Vargas : It scrambles your password and recovery email so you can never ever log back in, and deactivates your profile, making your username unclickable. Others can't easily search for that user's contributions (though googling the user still works of course). It doesn't remove or hide any of your posts, as far as I'm aware (which I think is a good thing, since mass deletion of posts could wreak havoc): "once on the internet always on the internet".

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
What does that accomplish? Do your posts vanish?

We had it recently for lowkey13. For two weeks or so his profile was still there, but his name was struck out on it and in posts. After that, his profile disappeared, his name was no longer struck out but it was not a link to a profile, and his comment changed to "Guest".

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
We had it recently for lowkey13. For two weeks or so his profile was still there, but his name was struck out on it and in posts. After that, his profile disappeared, his name was no longer struck out but it was not a link to a profile, and his comment changed to "Guest".
I was wondering why that line through his name went away - I thought maybe it meant he'd stealth-reactivated his account. Good to know. :)

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I was wondering why that line through his name went away - I thought maybe it meant he'd stealth-reactivated his account. Good to know. :)
I had checked, and he had not. And from reading Morrus' description above it seems like it can't be undone.

G

Guest User

Is the Deactivate Account feature still supported?
The link appears to be dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases