Dead Dragon

werk

First Post
darth xanthor said:
Thanks alot for the suggestions.

Are they any more ideas of thinks that could be made from a dead dragon?

Jerky?

DrgnTthDrgntts.gif

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
lukelightning said:
I just say dragon corpses expode in a terrifyingly PC-unfriendly manner. Bwahahahaha!

I think I'll save that for other non-traditional dragons aka shadow, deep and a few others. ;)

Luke,

If you skinned a humaniod, it's generally considered uncivilized. Skinning something non-humaniod isn't.

*still likes his rule for increasing die damage and threat ranges on dragon made weapons* Armors...still working on.

Seffbasilisk

First Post
Old Drew Id said:
This situation always makes me think of this song (kudos to anyone who recognizes the source without googling the lyrics)

Dragons.
"List of useful parts:
Claws, ears, tongue."
Hey, this could be
a very profitable business.
There are so many cures
from bits of dragon.
Dragon whiskers
Dragon toes
A dragon tooth
And a dragon nose
Every little piece
Every little piece
We could make a million
by slicing him, dicing him
Hoagy, we could sell
every little shell
There's enough of him
to go around
Money, money, money
by the pound
Every little piece
Every little piece
I can take a scissor
and clip him up, rip him up
Every little part
is a work of art
Think of what
a dragon heart would bring
Wrapped up in a ribbon
and a string
Dragon liver
can cure a cold
Dragon powder grows hair
[Gasping]
With dragon blood
you'll never grow old
Every item
is covered with gold
Every item
is covered with gold
Every little piece
Every little piece
Dragon, you're my wagon to destiny
you're the key
Every little shred
moving me ahead
Every dream of mine
will be fulfilled
Oh, what a dragon business
we can build
Dragon cartilage
keeps you thin
Dragon fat is for burns
[Gasping]
A dragon tear will
clear up your skin
Watch the profits
come rolling in
Watch the profits
come rolling in
Every little piece
Every little crease
Oh, lead me to the dragon
I'll buy him up, tie him up
Drag him from the cave
Show him that I'm brave
I'll bind him up
Grind him up
Lop him up
Chop him up
Can't you hear
that jingle-jangle sound
Oh yeah
It's money money, money by the pound

Pete's Dragon? I was actually thinking the line "Dragon live can cure a cold" when i was reading this through the second time before I came across this.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*had other thoughts but thought it best not to air them in polite company* Or violate Grandma Eric Noah's rules. :)

Scott Graves

First Post
101 Uses for a Dead Dragon.

101 Uses for a Dead Dragon.

Two Suits of Black Dragon Scale Armor, One for a medium sized humanoid and one for small sized humanoid: Require the skill of a leatherworker who has to make a DC 16 Skill Check.

Dragon Tooth Daggers 2d6+2 teeth large enough to make into daggers. Survival DC 14 to harvest properly. Wrap scraps of dragon hide around the root of the tooth for a grip and get a +1 Magic weapon which 1/day deals and extra 1d6 Acid Damage (Up to the DM how long that effect lasts...): 1,000 GP per dagger.

Dragon Tooth Necklaces 2d4+2 necklaces with 3 teeth per necklace 500 GP each. +2 on Persuasion Checks.

Dragon Talons can be fashioned into some very cool looking grapnel hooks. They'd sell for 150 GP each with no extra bonus.

Dragon Blood Sausage made by someone with Cooking skill will grant the eater 5 extra Hit Points for the day. 2d12+2 sausages max. Can eat up to two sausages, more give no extra effect except real bad heartburn. Might require having a weird German uncle or a CON save at DC 10 to eat them.

Dragon Bones have no direct magical use; however, they make excellent bone tools and decorations. In the hands of a skilled craftsman they become art works of great beauty. However, one must find such a craftsman to make them into such things. Otherwise a full skeleton of them assembled would make quite the conversation piece. Figure a full dragon skeleton can make artwork worth 8,000 gp X the amount the Artisan beats a DC 15 skill check with the proper artistic skill. Divide by the amount they fail...

Dragon Fluids. A DC 15 Sleight of Hand check to successfully harvest the content of the glands, if reasonable. The contents should do 2d6 of the relevant damage type if a vial of the substance is broken on a target. 2d4+1 doses available. Value would be 500 GP per vial.

Dragon Organs, by and large, are too difficult to preserve to get to anyone who would buy them for experimentation so using them as food is the best idea. The meat will be quite gamey so it can only be used in well-seasoned sausages preserved by smoking.

The Dragon Horns are a different matter. By themselves they can at best be used as decoration across the front of a wagon. However, there is another possibility I am using.

The Wood Elves make a kind of bow they call Illauminatae, their word for both “Depth of Wisdom” or “Greater in Layers”. They use alternating layers of horn and wood soaked in a glue and wrapped with the gut lining of some large beast. The arms of the bow are pressured in a form to take a certain shape and left to dry for at least a week.

Following that the arms are cut and sanded until they look like the arms of a bow with an odd second curve in the arm that goes forward at the tips. The elves have an explanation for this but it is very hard to understand why it is done. After they are formed they are wrapped again with glue coated gut lining and placed in the press again to make certain no air is in the final form. After another week of setting it is removed, sanded and mounted onto the body of the bow with customized grip and arrow guide.

The method allows them to make a bow that is customized to the user so perfectly that not only does the user use their DEX bonus for damage but their STR bonus as well. When made with the horns of a dragon or other magical creature the bow has a +1 magic modifier. All bows built like this use the next die up for damage. A Short Bow will use a D8 and a Long Bow will use a D10. Also they have a 25% increase in range, both basic and disadvantage range. Crossbows of both kinds can be made in this manner as well.

Remove ads