• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dead Gods - As A Resource

jeff37923

First Post
Cool. Thanks for all the replies!

I didn't know about the Planescape module, I'll see if I can find a copy of it. I'll definitely be downloading the Requiem for a God PDF.

At the moment, I am thinking of having a spellcaster Gate in a chunk of dead god to land next to his stronghold on the Prime Material. Of course, stuff will follow the chunk to the Prime Material.

Dr Simon said:
Monte Cook continued the Dead Gods theme in the Malhavoc Press supplement "Requiem for a god".

It's got stuff like Godsflesh, Godsblood, Divinity Sparks, Spectres of the Divine and such things that might be mined (ahem) for ideas. My opinion - there's not much in it that you couldn't come up with yourself based on your idea.

God-Poop?

Does it have God-Poop?

After all, if the Flesh of a Dead God serves as a Uber-Power Up, what must the Fecal Matter of a LIVING God pack?

We're talking some major-mojo here.

Perhaps I shouldn't let my mind wander at work.

Slife

First Post
Dead gods are a limited resource, and are rather dangerous as well. Plus, what are the odds that the dead god is going to be huge? A man-sized statue isn't going to be very useful.

I have to admit, though, an astral planetoid made entirely out of dead gods sounds cool.

Perhaps something like a tarrasque would be a better resource for high-magic stuff. Easier to harvest, at least.

reanjr

First Post
Every dead god floating through the Astral mentioned in Planescape was gigantic. I don't think there are many man sized god corpses. The Astral is the plane of thought, so the physical manifestation of a god's corpse there can be said to be their lingering memories. The mind of a god is powerful, therefore the corpse is huge.

Felon

First Post
Sandain said:
The Lich Queens Beloved adventure centered around this theme.

Right, the Gith Lich Queen's city is on the body of an ancient dead god, and the players actually have to navigates its heart to reach her.

Bear in mind that the astral plane is a pretty inhospitable place. It's hard to grow food, for instance, in a place where biological aging does not occur. And I hope you've got good medical coverage, because every time you sustain any kind of injury, you have to seek out a divine spellcaster--no natural healing! Which begs the quesiton of how a militant society like the giths can get by since they're forbidden from having divine casters.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads