• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dear Wizards, I no longer have a clue what you're doing

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
the throwing weapon version of the seeker however is a very very sound concept... except when you consider that they somehow forget to give him some good thrown weapons...

That illustration of the twin-axe Seeker is somewhat deceptive, isn't it?

However, I figure any decent DM has enough handwavium to dispense with that issue (though he really shouldn't have to).

Aegeri

First Post
I was thinking of the CA article for seekers a while back, which had art that had nothing to do with what was in the actual article. Seekers are quite confused obviously.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
That illustration of the twin-axe Seeker is somewhat deceptive, isn't it?

However, I figure any decent DM has enough handwavium to dispense with that issue (though he really shouldn't have to).

. . .

Article? I'm talking about the one in the PHB...2? With, as I recall, snowflakes or other indicators of "cold."

The pic of a twin-axe seeker on page 120 of PHB3* does show tiny bluish things on his axes, but under a magnifying glass they look like insects to me, not snowflakes; and, as the pic is located directly beneath the power "Burrowing Shot," I take that to mean that the bluish things are -- spiritual Blue Beetles.
YMMV, of course.

*PHB3 as The Little Raven said.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I do like 4E, more or less, and I will continue my DDi subcription provided the new Monster Builder actually works properly.

Of course, I am expecting that the version we see on 22Mar will be a motherless dog (and I will be stunned [save ends, -5 saving throw penalty] if this e-turd is cranked out on 22Mar) but once I have this, plus the Compendium, I consider that to be enough to run the games I plan to run for the next few years.

In other words, I am lowering my expectations. I am not expecting the e-turd versions of Dungeon and Dragon to ever be worthwhile again so I am discounting them completely.

Just give me a functioning Character Builder, a functioning Monster builder and the surprisingly functional Compendium and that is enough. I've still got Paizo products for inspiration!

webrunner

First Post
I was thinking of the CA article for seekers a while back, which had art that had nothing to do with what was in the actual article. Seekers are quite confused obviously.

Well yeah, they're still Seekers after all this time. If they weren't confused they'd be "Founders" by now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads