Deepwood Sniper

bill753

First Post
Can anyone tell me some of the information for the Deepwood Sniper prestige class? I already have everything I need apart from hit dice, saving throws, bab and skill progression.

Thanks!

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I can tell you that it's in Defenders of the Wild, which while 3.0 probably isn't carried at your FLGS, though you might find a copy on ebay.

Cheers,
Blue

shilsen

Adventurer
Blue said:
I can tell you that it's in Defenders of the Wild, which while 3.0 probably isn't carried at your FLGS, though you might find a copy on ebay.

Cheers,
Blue
Masters of the Wild.

Orm

Explorer
Lobo Lurker said:
The 3.5 version is in the Complete Warrior. Its quite powerful if you're going to be killing orcs.
I haven´t seen any 3.5 Deepwood Sniper so far. Do you think of the Darkwood Stalker from CW? Beside of a similar name, it´s a quite different class concept. It´s not about sniping in general, it´s about orcs as favoured enemies.
shilsen said:
Masters of the Wild.
Should have mentioned that, too.

bill753

First Post
Thanks a lot for your responses. Just for reference, I meant the 3.0 Deepwood Sniper from the Masters of the Wild book. I read somewhere that it needs no updating and can be used in 3.5 ed.

Orm

Explorer
bill753 said:
Thanks a lot for your responses. Just for reference, I meant the 3.0 Deepwood Sniper from the Masters of the Wild book. I read somewhere that it needs no updating and can be used in 3.5 ed.
It doesn´t need updating, it only needs a little bit of tweaking, i.e. the different concealment rules in 3.0 and 3.5.
In our campaign (22nd level, 3.5, converted from 3.0) we have two Deepwood Sniper (one with 5, the other with 7 class levels). They can dish out a lot of damage, especially when combined with true strike (a ring of spellstoring is your friend; or at 10th class level), but are not overpowered, compared to the rest of the group. In close quarter fighting, the DwS abilities are useless (except maybe Save Poison Use). No problem for NPCs that allways stay outside of towns and dungeons, but a PC should have some melee options.

Orm

Remove ads