• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deity stat blocks in Faiths and Pantheons

Palskane

First Post
The stat blocks given for the deities are for their avatars, corect? In other words, Bane can have up to 20 avatars, each being:

Fighter 15/Blackguard 10/Cleric 10/Wizard 10/Rogue 20

If that is not the case, and each block lists the deity as he/she might be encountered on their home plane, where are avatar stat blocks listed?

Additionally, as DM, if I decide to rule that a stat block actually is for an avatar, will that throw the game out of balance? I have always envisioned a deity basically being omnipotent/omniscient upon their home plane, and having virtually no limits to their power there.

Thanks for your replies! Just wondering what the official stance on this is.

Arnwyn

First Post
Not correct. The stats are for the deities themselves. The avatar statistics are located underneath the main deity stats. (If the avatar stats are not there, then either the author didn't bother to include them, or the deity doesn't have avatars.)

If you rule that the deity stats are for the avatars instead, it won't throw the game out of whack. It will only mean that you can't use "avatars" as combat opponents until the PCs are far into the epic levels.

Palskane

First Post
Ah. I see. :)

Thanks Arnwyn! I think I might use the actual deity stat blocks as the avatars. It certainly would make them more "god-like" in my eyes. I certainly don't plan to have the PC's interact with the gods in a combat scenario. Not yet anyways. Now I do see the avatar listings, though they're not really stat blocks. The avatars seem pretty powerful... I'll have to consider this more.

Thanks for your help! I didn't look closely enough.

Remove ads