[Delta Green] A Year at the Opera (Closed)

Agent_Baker

First Post
Checking interest in this concept for a Delta Green game. For those not aware, Delta Green is a game of US government agents, conspiracy, and Lovecraftian horror. Deception is a right. Truth is a privilege. Innocence is a luxury.

This campaign would be set close to present day, with characters recruited after encountering one of the many...odd...things that occurred during 2020.

For example, one of the agents could be a State Department employee who was posted in Beijing until Dec 2019, and knows the Chinese government was covering something up—just pretty sure it wasn’t (or wasn’t just) Covid.

Another might be an employee of the Department of Agriculture, who investigated the reports of...something flying...that certainly weren’t the murder hornets that dominated social media days later.

Another is maybe a ranger who reported finding a metal obelisk in the Utah desert—only to see pictures of something entirely different and more mundane, with clearly visible rivets, hit the news soon after.

Or the person who was tasked with coming up with finding a believable explanation for the seeds that arrived in countless mailboxes, apparently from China.

Or the FBI agent who knows that it wasn’t just Anthony Warner’s remains that were found at the site of the Nashville bombing.

Etc.

Whatever happened to these government employees, if they try to talk about it, they aren’t believed, and their social media posts about these events are censored, even on platforms they weren’t aware did such things, or just vanish. If they dropped the issue, fine, mostly. If not, they were permabanned, and dealt with DOS attacks and viruses the rest of the year. Either way, the isolation of 2020 intensified as the year went on, at times seemingly targeted at them.

Until a single email was sent to each on Dec. 25 from a federal government email address in their department, that began by addressing each by name, and continuing, “I believe you.”

Mechanics would be fairly rules light after character creation. Expect character death and insanity.

Posting would be on the order of around 1/day, with allowances for real life.

Think I can handle about 6 agents; I have three people who’ve already expressed interest.

(FYI, I used to post here as Maerdwyn long, long ago)

Last edited:

Agent_Baker

First Post
Quick Start Rules/Briefing materials are free at Drive Thru RPG.

Stand-alone Character Sheet

Character Creation:
1) Let me know you are interested and I’ll confirm a spot.
2) Post a barebones character idea. Although you can think about more, this, for now only need be:
A) Name,
B) agency/profession from either the briefing documents or here
C) Whatever weird 2020 event character might have been involved with. (Don’t go into to too much detail here; we’ll develop what your character knows—and doesn’t—about the event together in the next step. A short description like “murder hornets” or “The outbreak of Covid in Wuhan” is good enough here.)

3) Character background/will be created during a PM or chat interview/meeting between the character and an NPC.

4) Complete the character sheet based on the IC interview.

Remove ads