• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Demi-humans as templates - Opinions Please!

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Ok my thoughts... at least what little bit my brain allows

What's special about Priests that some can't be?

Demi-Human Template: Aside from a role-playing prespective I don't see anyone actively choosing this. You have the disadvatages of both Demi-Humans and Humans.
No lowlight/darkvision; No bonus feat; No bonus skill points.
The only advantage is that it can make for rich role-playing, which is always a good thing.

Beast-Touched Template: I liked it.

Caliban Template: for the Ability Mod's I think an additional +2 to Intelligence would be in order to show their cunning in their surviving to adulthood. Why not a 'Rogue' class as favored? Why not Priest? What is it that Caliban adds +1 to the character's ECL. And the next line it states Effective Character Level: +0.

Changeling Template: Interesting I like. Again why not Priests?

Half-Elf Template: To be as expected.

Half-Goblin Template: Interesting, could be fun incorporating it.

Spirit Folk Template: Maybe only making it a +1 ECL possible.

Now take in to account I don't have the source books mentioned above.

Just my 2 coppers with.

Yeti

Funeris

First Post
sketch..

Your description of fey stealing kids inspired me for the pic attached below. I hope you enjoy.

(I have a higher quality scan that I could email you directly if you want...Enworld has its limits)

~Fune

Attachments

• theft2.jpg
    theft2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 96

RC,

I have read over your file.. and.. well... how far would I have to drive to be in your game :lol:

My original thought was to create a 'blooded' feat and use the base Human for all human/half races. The Blooded feat would provide a racial template and access to various race related feats..

Mechanically your method ends up with the same result... and the fluff is much better written than I could ever imagine.

The only nitpick I have so far is that on page 8 you typo'd in the ECL portion...

More after I have time to parse/consider/and get home to my home email :)

FOr my purposes, I need to seperate Race and upbringing.. which may take some time to figure out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads