Demon Races

garrowolf

First Post
Okay basically I've got several different power levels of demons. The Highest end are the Great Old Ones (Chaos Gods), then there are Greater Demons (Huge monsters), and then there are the Demon Races. They are basically similar to the Hybrid Demons from Buffy/Angel. Basically they serve as the base minions for the Greater Demons and Great Old Ones.

They would include Deep Ones, Succubus, Incubus, etc.

Basically I need some suggestions for these. The ones in the base D20 game are fairly good for Greater Demons. I need the more basic kind. Unfortunately the Demons in Buffy are vaguely defined. I want some of them to be refugees running from the others. etc. Also I would love for these to cover material from as many settings as possible. I've got the possessing demons already.

Any other ideas?

DanMcS

Explorer
I think orc, goblins, sahuagin, almost any humanoid monster in any D&D monster manual could pass as a demon with very little effort. If you need low-end war demons, use orcs. Azer make fiery demons, sahuagin pretty much are lovecraft's deep ones, and so on. Take fae and refluff them as evil tempters and tricksters, with hideous souls but not so ugly to look at.

What game is this for?

garrowolf

First Post
It's for my Nexus D20 game. Basically I'm trying to create a semi-universal system but with a setting that allows for most of these to interact. Basically it is like sliders but only probabilities with magic can connect with each other in the main setting.

I wanted to have Buffy/Angel/Supernatural type settings but the system would go all the way up to huge monsters, Old Ones, and Chaos Gods so you could play Hellboy or Call of Cthulhu as well. I was trying to cover the lower end stuff with Minor Demons to have the Demons from Buffy/Angel. Unfortunately they were all vaguely defined except for Vampires.

I think a part of the problem is that I'm still not sure which way to go with this. As much as I liked Supernatural, I didn't like the overly Judeo/Christian mythology in it. Buffy/Angel just used them mostly as monster of the week or as metaphors for some issue. I like the idea of a bunch of different demon races but having a bunch of vague races doesn't help anything either.

Remove ads