• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dennis Rodman Monsters

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I've had huge fun running dragons - I've used blacks, whites, blues and one red. The Red was the least satisfying, and died because despite the advantages it had I played it as a slugger. The others (of various sizes) took advantage of their mobility to engage in hit and run attacks over a period of time.

I do believe in playing dragons according to their intelligence - the juvenile white was a threat to a whole village during an unnaturally cold winter, but it was pretty bestial and straightforward. Wyrmling blacks were just whizzing around all over the place getting firing solutions for their acid breath that tagged two or more characters. The blue was able to hover up a duststorm that worked well, plus take advantage of its flight.

Essentially flight is a key element for a dragons success - if they have the mobility to choose their battlefield, they can fight on their own terms. A dragon caught in its lair is typically in a much worse position (with the exception of greens and blacks that can do a great deal around watery lairs. Water breathing is less common than protection from fire!)

Cheers

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Plane Sailing said:
A dragon caught in its lair is typically in a much worse position (with the exception of greens and blacks that can do a great deal around watery lairs. Water breathing is less common than protection from fire!)

Cheers

Exactly. All of the protections from energy in the world arent going to help you if youre wearing heavy armor and get dragged below the surface of the water and can't swim. Once you start failing Fort saves it doesnt matter what level you are you still DIE in three rounds when drowning...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads