Describe your last rpg session in 5 words

the Jester

Legend
Put the "T" in TPK.
Okay, I feel I should elaborate on this.

The greater group of pcs (about 20) are dealing with a crazy chaos apocalypse where they need to buy time for the gods of craftsmanship and time to build the pcs a time machine to go to the start of time and defeat Ygorl, because it lives backwards through time and the beginning is the only place it can truly be defeated.

The game in question featured only two pcs, both wizards with my custom chronomancer subclass, who sacrificed themselves to speed up the process. They entered the Plane of Time and doubled their lifelife- basically causing them to exist in more than one place at the same time- over and over again, creating a paradox that drew the Guardians that preserve the timeline to obliterate them. They sacrificed every version of themselves from across all timelines, consigning themselves to have never been in any reality. No one will remember them or their sacrifice.

On the other hand, it worked- tonight's game with the larger group will be utterly transformed by the consequences: the machine is done 7 days early. Each day has cost the pcs' city- the last city that exists in the campaign setting- upward of 8,000 lives (total pop is around 50,000).

Remove ads