• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Design & Development: The Warlock

Deverash

First Post
Sir Brennen said:
In a brief playtest report blog, Michele Carter mentions

Hmmm.... striker, or controller?

Interestingly, that strongly says controller, but a different type of controller than wizards are. The warlock is more about moving people around, and single target damage, while the wizard seems more about damaging multiple people, and moving 1 or 2 people around. If I'm not reading too much into this, of course. But who does that around here? :p

Gloombunny

First Post
Deverash said:
Interestingly, that strongly says controller, but a different type of controller than wizards are. The warlock is more about moving people around, and single target damage, while the wizard seems more about damaging multiple people, and moving 1 or 2 people around. If I'm not reading too much into this, of course. But who does that around here? :p
I definitely think you're reading too much into it. We see one example of a warlock pushing people around, and you want to conclude that pushing people around en masse is a core function of the warlock power set?

hong

WotC's bitch
Perhaps the warlock will be a firewire controller. Fire = fires of hell. Wire = dancing to the tune of said fires. HAW HAW.

Remove ads