Diablo IV

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

Who else is playing the beta weekend?

Man, this is dark.

I had forgotten that there's no paladin type available on launch, given that the scholar in the opening cinematic seems intended to evoke Tyrael as he appears in Diablo III.

Playing a Criss Angel-looking sorcerer who, based on his tattoos, is either intent on keeping something out or keeping something else inside his body.

Last edited:

I'm at level 7 in the time I got to play today. Shooting for 20 for the wolf pup. Personally I am really enjoying it. It feels very Diablo, and with the open shared world; it has some of those things that feel a little bit MMOish, but not, in my opinion, intrusively. That means there are some new aspects to do and find. It will likely be my primary game for a good long while.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Unless it's in Diablo Immortal, I think this is the first time we've seen the point of view of cultists in this franchise, which feels long overdue, as does the early betrayal.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Geez, those games have changed a lot... The only one I've ever played seriously was the first one.

(I started playing it again for a while on Steam, but it was one of those old games that used to end up resizing my desktop when I closed the game and made me have to go and put all my icons back the way they were.)

I haven't pre-ordered (I generally don't, but in this case I was also specifically sceptical because of ActiBlizz's more recent titles), but what I have seen so far seems promising (I'm not big on the MMO shared world part, but since it seems limited to cities it is probably bearable). And the two friends I regularly play with are quite positive about the game. So chances I will buy it not too long after launch have significantly increased of this beta.

Kilimanjaro

Explorer
Level 25 rogue and level 7 barbarian. Lots of different areas to explore. Doing mostly different quests my second time through. That world boss is brutal. Don’t know if I’ll try that again tonight or not.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm not big on the MMO shared world part, but since it seems limited to cities it is probably bearable
My wife and I occasionally see other people out in the outside world. I'm not sure if that's a beta bug or if there are other circumstances where you can interact with other people, like for outdoor events and bosses.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Also, the Church of the Light loonies are definitely going to turn on us at some point.

The Slavic vibe and the sad music are an interesting new flavor for this series. I miss the Diablo guitars, but this is extremely effective.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases