[Diaspora] Friday Night Science Fiction

Paka

Explorer
It's really gratifying to see the AP of the social combat -- you have no idea how nice it is to see how the ideas at one's own table play out somewhere else, with people we've never met.

Thanks. The act of creating the map was funky and takes some doing. It is a funky map, because it isn't a place but a situation and people are moving to ideas and moral stances...funky stuff.

Thanks for all of this -- it looks like a great campaign! -- and I look forward to continuing to follow. (The art is great!)

Thank you for putting out a fun game.

And yeah, Storn's art is a boon to any table he graces it with. It is amazing.

Last edited:

Paka

Explorer
Valiance Corporation Inter-Departmental Memo

To: The Board, Human Res, Diplomatic Corps - Binghamton, Slipship Leasing Div, Space-Nav, Paul Rojas

Mr. Rojas,

Your petition for being placed under the status of Special Project, leading your team (Manning, C/Safron/Kilkenny, A) aboard the Libertine to the Binghamton System despite having no corporate directives leading you there is hereby accepted. Your timeline and meetings will be adjusted accordingly.

Sincerely,

Valiance Corporation A.I. #4513.4 - Human Resources

Valiance Corporation Action Memo

To: The Board, Diplomatic Corps - Binghamton, Slipship Salvage Div, Military Ordinance Div

Action: In the Binghamton System, Bing III, Scranton, Paul Rojas' team has forged a contract with the Chinung, Collins, Svanna and Andrews Mining Collective. The C.C.S and A is a clone-run mining company, dealing in deep silt mining for precious minerals through robotic mining platforms. The mining industry on Scranton is dangerous and competitive.

This mining company has a fine portfolio, being comprised of three clone series, the Chiung, Collins and Svanna. These were New Ovid naval clones who freed themselves just as the war ended through mutiny. In the decades since have flourished, a haven for escaped clones who seek out the free life of the cluster's frontier and as ruthless miners in an environment where the least of one's worries are cyclopean siltworms and the highest mortality rates come from erratic weather and other miners.

The addition of Andrews to the company name is a recent development that the company has refused to comment on in any kind of public way. Data on the Andrews series of clones is nonexistent, though myths and tall tales abound.

Profit: Rojas' contract is a cut and dry slipship salvage taking part outside of the gravity well of Bing II, a gas giant with titanic storms in the upper atmosphere. A ship from the war has been stored there and will be retrieved. All contents of the ship belong to the mining collective, while the ship itself will be the property of the Valiance Corporation. A team of engineers from Slipship Salvage Div have been put into position near the Vestal/Binghamton slipknot, should Mr. Rojas need their services.

Once the ship has been properly assessed, the Stockholders Major and Stockholders Minor will be told of the company's success in turning New Ovid's wartime carelessness into Vestal profit along with a concrete plan for the ship's use to be decided by The Board.

Paka

Explorer
I am at that point in play where I need to go back and re-read the rulebook. There are a few opportunities that I feel like I missed. I need to re-read about consequences, the ship's damage track and the maintenance check on a ship.

It is unclear to me how to set the numbers for fixed difficulty rolls. I did it tonight but it felt very hand-wavey. I just wasn't sure what setting the difficulty for a roll at 2 means, really.

We probably should have taken out the social combat mini-game for the negotiations between the Void Marines and the mining company (another damned mining company!) but instead we did it in a single roll.

Korgoth

First Post
OK... this is an old thread. But I was wondering if the campaign kept going; it was a fun read so far.

The interest is because I'm going to be in a Diaspora game pretty soon, and so I was poking around for threads about it.

Diaspora just came out in softcover and was available at a FLGS. It is pretty awesome.

Remove ads