• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dice bags - a few questions

sjmiller

Explorer
The information has been very useful, and quite fascinating. Please feel free to add more comments, suggestions, and the like, I appreciate them all!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If you're thinking about releasing a new kind of dice bag, let me say that the one thing that bugs me about the bags I've owned is the drawstring.

Sometimes they break, sometimes they become un-knotted and get pulled out...sometimes I simply don't tie the bag closed well enough.

OR I overfill it.

If I were to redesign a dice bag, I'd start by using a heavier-duty drawstring, possibly adding a little elastic, kind of like a good pair of sweats.

I might even go for some kind of slide-locking lanyard construction- you slide the plug up to close it, tie a simple knot, and the thing is sealed in 3 seconds. Untie the knot and slide the plug away, and you're ready to game.

I also might make them flat-bottomed...especially with some kind of water-resistant vinyl. (Think of the bottom of a kid's footie pajamas.)

Remove ads