• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Did Divine Channeler always give you a daily?

Hellzon

First Post
My Druid has Divine Channeler (Cleric). The wording is:

"Choose a Channel Divinity Power available as a class feature for clerics.
If you don't already have the Channel Divinity class feature, you can use the selected Channel Divinity Power once per day."

Pretty darn clear, I picked Healer's Mercy and now I can use that once per day. But earlier, the CB gave me a red encounter power card for the power. I just ran with that and assumed the CB got it right, not reading the feat very closely. Has there been errata or was I/the CB doing it wrong until a recent CB update? I couldn't find a change in the compiled errata.

(I'm not disputing it. Getting to cast Healer's Mercy (all bloodied allies in close burst 5 can spend a surge, caster is weakened UENT) once per encounter as a non-cleric was pretty darn good.)

Last edited:

MrBeens

First Post
The character builder doesn't always get the colours right when giving powers (especially when they are normally one type but the power is another).

Aulirophile

First Post
CB got it wrong. This is fairly common, most of the MC feats that give you a 1/encounter use the MC classes at-will (Warlock and Wizard) used to print as Green which got fixed at some point.

Though if you were a Paladin/Invoker/etc it would be an encounter power, because the feat states that if you already have the Channel Divinity feature you can use it as a normal CD power. This probably compounds the coding issues.

Remove ads