Level Up (A5E) Did I miss the Equipment Playtest document somehow?

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
No, the equipment sections were not previewed.

I can tell you though, they are a LOT of fun and a lot of care went into them.

Horwath

Legend
First, I wonder if there is a concealment trait and, second, if daggers have it… I love daggers but no one uses them in my games.
You need reason to us a dagger...

thrown range is bad, and you are left without a weapon after one attack, and other things are better done by shortsword/rapier.

Now if you house rule that you get advantage on hiding a dagger on you and you introduce lot's of situations where that would be beneficial, more people would use it.

Faolyn

(she/her)
You need reason to us a dagger...
Well, in the Rogue playtest, there was at least one option that gave you extra sneak attack damage with one. And in the Heritage/Cultures playtest, the Cosmopolitan culture gave you bonuses on concealing small objects like daggers on your person. No idea if either of those things survived the playtest, but if they did, those are good reasons to use a dagger.

PauloR

Explorer
I use a house rule (that I stole from somewhere, don't remember where) that you get advantage to opportunity attacks with ranged weapons. If someone turns and retreats from you, it's easier to throw a dagger to a wide open back side. The rogue always had a dagger in his off hand for an extra sneak attack if the target retreated.

Remove ads