Did the Ads Recently Change on this Site (New Pop Ups)

Jaeger

That someone better
Pop-up is back.

No change on the banner ad.

Both on every page change.

At this point I figure I'll ask directly:

It’s ok folks, you don’t need to keep repeating it. It’s not a question of trying to ‘persuade’ me of anything.

I’ve got a query in with the ad network but I don’t think they work weekends. I’ve exhausted my own technical prowess.

Are these ads intended to be permanent in some form?

Or is this just an annoying kerfuffle with the ad network?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm not clear on the question--are you saying you're still getting the video popup on phones? If so, I can't replicate it and can't see why that would be happening.

jgsugden

Legend
I am still getting two adds at the bottom of every screen I access. One is a banner across the bottom. The bar runs the length of the screen, but the add is only in the middle. In the lower right there is a little "video" ad that autoruns unless you block autoplay. Both require you to click an X to get rid of them. The one at the bottom right is annoying as an autoplay video, and the one at the bottom center can block the functionality of the site until you clear it out by clicking the X. I get them on my phone, my tablet and my PC (Chrome for each).

1707188614597.png

pukunui

Legend
I am still getting two adds at the bottom of every screen I access. One is a banner across the bottom. The bar runs the length of the screen, but the add is only in the middle. In the lower right there is a little "video" ad that autoruns unless you block autoplay. Both require you to click an X to get rid of them. The one at the bottom right is annoying as an autoplay video, and the one at the bottom center can block the functionality of the site until you clear it out by clicking the X. I get them on my phone, my tablet and my PC (Chrome for each).

View attachment 345347
Same here. The video pop-ups disappeared for a while (both on my phone and my desktop/laptop) but now they are back. The pop-up banner has persisted. I just now noticed that the video pop-up will return even if I do nothing and just leave the EN World tab open.

Remove ads