Did the Ads Recently Change on this Site (New Pop Ups)

MarkB

Legend
I'm on Chrome on my phone, and I found that rejecting all non-residential cookies cured the worst of the ads. I'm down to just one lurking at the bottom of the screen.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I just trust work is being done to correct. Close to unusable on smart phone…
On a smart phone at this point you should not be getting the popup video ad, and the interstitial is no longer active at all. So you must be referring to the single banner at the bottom of the page. I would push back on hyperbole claiming that makes the site 'unusable' (I actively run the site from a smartphone most of the time). Are you seeing additional issues?

On a smart phone at this point you should not be getting the popup video ad, and the interstitial is no longer active at all. So you must be referring to the single banner at the bottom of the page. I would push back on hyperbole claiming that makes the site 'unusable' (I actively run the site from a smartphone most of the time). Are you seeing additional

I continue to get the video pop up using Chrome from an iPhone. It seems to load with every page. It sits on top of the banner ad at the bottom of the page.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I continue to get the video pop up using Chrome from an iPhone. It seems to load with every page. It sits on top of the banner ad at the bottom of the page.
That’s just weird. I can’t replicate that using Chrome ;or any other browser) on my iPhone.

I hate tech issues which make no sense!

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
On a smart phone at this point you should not be getting the popup video ad, and the interstitial is no longer active at all. So you must be referring to the single banner at the bottom of the page. I would push back on hyperbole claiming that makes the site 'unusable' (I actively run the site from a smartphone most of the time). Are you seeing additional issues?
Ok. I have been trying to be positive generally thinking things would improve. Did not mean offense. But: not pleasant.

Is this supposed to be how it is?
IMG_8175.png

Remove ads