D&D 5E Different Artificers

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
This thread, plus the "degenerates" thread, now has me thinking about a whole party of different artificers, maybe as rivals to the PCs.
Honestly, you could have a party full of artificers and no two be similar. Additionally, they could do well adventuring overcoming diverse challenges.

what would a weakness be? Maybe vs undead? You could make them good infiltrators, tomb raiders and even plain old tough in a fight…

I hated the class when I first read it. Did not want to be a tinkering gnome making wind up toys but that is such a limited perspective. Same with my dislike of anachronisms in play…not a huge gunpowder in D&D guy but really as folks have shown in this thread, none of it is needed…

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Honestly, you could have a party full of artificers and no two be similar.
See also: clerics, warlocks, and wizards.

Sure, all clerics have domains, all warlocks have patrons, and all wizards have schools, just like all artificers have infusions. But the differences between each of the individual subclasses can be substantial: a Pact of the Blade Hexblade warlock feels nothing like a Pact of the Tome Celestial Warlock, or a Pact of the Chain Fiend warlock.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
See also: clerics, warlocks, and wizards.

Sure, all clerics have domains, all warlocks have patrons, and all wizards have schools, just like all artificers have infusions. But the differences between each of the individual subclasses can be substantial: a Pact of the Blade Hexblade warlock feels nothing like a Pact of the Tome Celestial Warlock, or a Pact of the Chain Fiend warlock.
I know firsthand about the warlocks. Very very versatile.

add in feats and races and the difference can be very stark.

Remove ads