D&D 5E Different Roles in 5e - help me create my campaign one-sheet

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I'm about to start a short arc campaign with the players taking on the roles of the enemies they've been fighting. This brief dip into evil will help tell the story of the broader world.

It will also be fairly constrained. They've already fought these groups of magicians who desire to highly limit access to magic.

Generally the enemies have traveled in trios. I've used the Abjurer, Diviner and Evoker NPCs as the enemies to represent a team of hunters who seek out new magic users and destroy them. I don't want to limit the six players to choosing those exact Wizard Schools, because that could get boring.

Is it reasonable to map how each magical (because everyone will be magicky) subclass to these roles and then suggest if you want something outside of these typical roles lets go over it in session zero so that the roles of each team are filled by the group?

P.S. Most in the group don't get involved in world creation and just want to roll the dice for a couple hours most weekends, leaving me to guide the campaign world and rules

Oofta

Legend
I'm about to start a short arc campaign with the players taking on the roles of the enemies they've been fighting. This brief dip into evil will help tell the story of the broader world.

It will also be fairly constrained. They've already fought these groups of magicians who desire to highly limit access to magic.

Generally the enemies have traveled in trios. I've used the Abjurer, Diviner and Evoker NPCs as the enemies to represent a team of hunters who seek out new magic users and destroy them. I don't want to limit the six players to choosing those exact Wizard Schools, because that could get boring.

Is it reasonable to map how each magical (because everyone will be magicky) subclass to these roles and then suggest if you want something outside of these typical roles lets go over it in session zero so that the roles of each team are filled by the group?

P.S. Most in the group don't get involved in world creation and just want to roll the dice for a couple hours most weekends, leaving me to guide the campaign world and rules

I'd double check with the group first, but I'd probably just do pregens since this is really just an arc for exposition.

Remove ads