D&D (2024) Digital Only Edition

Digital Subscription Based Perfect D&D. You in?

• Yes.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • No.

Votes: 95 82.6%
  • I'm special. Let me tell you how.

Votes: 3 2.6%

Digital only: no problem - I'm in.
Subscription: this is a hard sell, but I wouldn't rule it out completely - but it would need to a) be very perfect, b) contain character management and VTT support in the subscription, and c) still be reasonably cheap. And then I still would probably only subscribe for the length of a campaign. So it's a rather theoretical possibility.

Stormonu

Legend
Being subscription-based would be what kills it for me.

I currently do DMing from my i-pad, my back is too old to be carrying around 35 lb. backpacks full of books anymore. Less clutter behind the DM screen as well.
As a player, I track my character via Beyond, again on my i-pad. However, I despise the electronic dice and I think they hate me with equal passion.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Digital only? Definitely. Subscription? Never.
I am just starting a Pathfinder 2 game and I'm using online materials alone. I've purchased the materials I need for Foundry, my VTT of choice, and Paizo gave me the PDFs. I haven't had to purchase any of the books in physical form, and I find it pretty unlikely that I will do this with any RPG in the future, except if I somehow want to read them offline.
Now as far as subscription services go, that's a hard pass. The moment we go to that model I'm off the boat right away.

Remove ads