• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Dinosaurs in 4E?

matthewajg

First Post
Does anyone know of any stats for dinosaurs available in the 4E format? Early versions of D&D had lots of dinosaurs. Has 4E included any?

Saagael

First Post
All of the dinosaurs are under the "Behemoth" classification. There are some good ones in MM1 and MM2, if I'm remembering correctly, though you may have to tweak the math on them to bring them up to current standards, but they're there.

D'karr

Adventurer
The name change was very annoying IMO, making it hard for me to quickly find stats for tyrannosaur, tricerotops etc when I need them.

I know that the name change made the old cataloging difficult, but I found the names more evocative. Some were silly of course, but from a gameworld perspective I enjoyed the change. The dinosaur names were too clinical/scientific IMO.

Storminator

First Post
It wouldn't have hurt to make a "Dinosaur" category, then give them all the names they ended up with. I don't think Behemoth covers them all. There's the Glidewing and the Clawfoot from Eberron, and there might be more. Kinda frustrating to find.

PS

Al'Kelhar

Adventurer
The name change was very annoying IMO, making it hard for me to quickly find stats for tyrannosaur, tricerotops etc when I need them.

Yeah, I always got confused between brontosaurus and apatosaurus, too! Now they tell me there was no such thing as a brontosaurus, it was just an apatosaurus with the head of a diplodocus stuck on it. Colour me confused.

Wait, that is what we're talking about, right?

Ratinyourwalls

First Post
I just don't know why the stopped at Dinosaurs when it came to name changes. Horses and cows keeping the names they are called on Earth in D&D settings make no sense to me either, why shouldn't they be changed to Beefsteak Behemoth and Four Legged Neighstomper as well?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads