Diplomacy Creator Dies at 81

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
That is tragically apt. I've never played it, but I've heard it is the game that ends friendship.

I've never seen a friendships end over it, however in college after attacking my suitemate he declared, "I always restock our toilet paper and you're not allowed to use the toilet paper anymore!" A few games after that one I allied with him and he gave me back my toilet paper privledges. "Great," I said. "Now I can stop using your towel."

Aluvial

Explorer
That is tragically apt. I've never played it, but I've heard it is the game that ends friendship.
I think it is a matter of intensity. I've only played twice, and in my first game over 20 years ago, I was stabbed, BAD! And I had that game.... or so I thought. I was HOT! I talk about it to this day with this person... in my second game (because I can never get others to play), I allied with someone and we steamrolled over the compitition, stabbing and muscling our way east. We split the win. When I see these friends, even 20 years after the first game, they all remember what happened, and that's what makes this game one of the best ever made. I think D&D has some of the same appeal... the situations that arrise, the player interaction, and the magnificent outcomes make them games to remember. That's why I've played D&D for so long.

Remove ads