• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Almost Ready Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I could enjoy an Economancer. Any chance I could make a Nymph Ecomancer? Perhaps one of those Palm Tree Nymphs I've seen mentioned. Or a Meliad might work as well assuming Coconuts are fruit. I could even make a Naiad work as an Oasis Nymph :) (That actualy sounds like the best one so far). Brought over to Arris by a Valsain Ecomancer to help save some of the oasises, She learned their ways and attunement to nature, which, while different than her own, is still an attunement to nature, which came naturaly to her.

Just a though. If that's ok, give me money for an Arris Nymph Ecomancer and I'll write her up tonight :)
Coconuts don't count as fruits for Meliads (Meliads use vascular fruits, like apples), but they do work for Palmiads. As for the suggested background, it would not work--one needs to be a child of Arris to become an Ecomancer. There is a way to have a Nymph character that is an Ecomancer, but it is a bit convoluted: Amaranthian natural energies can convert half-nymphs and other visitors into full Nymphs, so if you had a half-Valsian/half-Nymph Ecomancer who came to Amaranthia and became a full Nymph, that would work.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Coconuts don't count as fruits for Meliads (Meliads use vascular fruits, like apples), but they do work for Palmiads. As for the suggested background, it would not work--one needs to be a child of Arris to become an Ecomancer. There is a way to have a Nymph character that is an Ecomancer, but it is a bit convoluted: Amaranthian natural energies can convert half-nymphs and other visitors into full Nymphs, so if you had a half-Valsian/half-Nymph Ecomancer who came to Amaranthia and became a full Nymph, that would work.
That sounds like a plan :) Would a Naiad work better or a Palmaid? (Btw, I know you had a writeup for them somewhere, but I couldn't find it. You might want to stick them in the Nymph handout you have in the Encyclopedia.)

Bront

The man with the probe
Does the Ecomancer get bonus spell points based on high stats?

Also, what weapons can they use, and what are the limited to via armor? Will shimmersilk be acceptable to cast druid spells in?

Also, any chance I could take the Ashbound feat from Eberron? The Anti-arcane sentiment they have seems appropriate for the Ecomancer, and it fits my vision of her too.

Thoughts on a good animal companion would be good too. Not a lot of good desert animals other than a camel, and, well, um, no. :)

Is the Ecomancer supposed to have Wild Empathy?

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
HP Rolls 1,4 (eww)

Here she is, baring items, I'll write up her background tomorow, but I think I have most of if fleshed out. Whenever Rystil answers the questions, I'll be able to finish it. She origionated from Arris but ended up in Amarathia to be true to her Nymph Heritage, so whatever monitary system is most appropriate I need that info as well :).

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Vasha Springborne
[B]Class:[/B] Ecomancer
[B]Race:[/B] Nymph: Naiad
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Alignment:[/B] NG
[B]Deity:[/B] 

[B]Str:[/B]  5 -3 (9)      [B]Level:[/B] 3        [B]XP:[/B] 4500/6000
[B]Dex:[/B] 15 +2 (13)     [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]HP:[/B] 16 (3d6+3)
[B]Con:[/B] 13 +1 (13)     [B]Grapple:[/B] -2     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] XX/XXXX
[B]Int:[/B] 19 +4 (17)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] XX
[B]Wis:[/B] 18 +4 (16)     [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B] 18 +4 (14)     [B]ACP:[/B] -0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] XX%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +3    +0    +2    +0    +0    +0    15
[B]Touch:[/B] 12              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 13

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      1    +1          +2
[B]Ref:[/B]                       1    +2          +3
[B]Will:[/B]                      3    +4          +7

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Quarterstaff              +X      1d6-3       20x2
Dagger (10')            -2(+3)    1d4-3     19-20x2
Ranged Spell Attack       +3        -         20X2
Touch Spell Attack        -2        -         20x2

[B]Languages:[/B] Seelie, Valsian, Mojiin, Eldish, Conasan

[B]Abilities:[/B] 
Nature Sense
Woodland Stride
Nature's Bounty

Spellcasting:
Spell Points: 20
Prepaired: 8/6/4

Known
Divine: All Druid
Arcane:
0: All

1st:
Reduce Person
Magic Missile
Shield
Comprehend Languages
Hypnotism
Charm Person
Ray of Enfeeblement
Feather Fall
Color Spray
Floating Disk

2nd:
Scorching Ray
Web
Glitterdust

[B]Feats:[/B]
1  Augment Summoning
E1 Spell Focus: Conjuration
3  Extend Spell

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 48       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 6/3
[B]Skills                Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Concentration		6    +1          +7
Diplomacy		5    +4          +9
Handle Animal		5    +4          +9
Heal			5    +4          +9
Kn: Arcane		5    +4          +9
Kn: Geography		5    +4          +9
Kn: Nature		5    +4    +4    +13
Listen			1    +4          +5
Spellcraft		5    +4    +2    +11(13)
Spot			1    +4          +5
Survival		5    +4    +2    +11

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Quarterstaff		0	2
Dagger			2	1
Shimmersilk Dress 	1000	2
Grey Bag of Tricks	4725	
Cloak of Resistance +1	750	

Handy Haversack		1500	
-5 Food Stuffs		5	2.5
-5 Waterskins (Spring)	5	20
-50' Silk Rope		10	5
-Sunrod			2	1
-Flint & Steel		1	
[B]Total Weight:[/B]5lb      [B]Money:[/B] 

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                16    33    50    50   250

[B]Age:[/B] 24 (Looks barely 18)
[B]Height:[/B] 5'1"
[B]Weight:[/B] 92lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Vibrant Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Golden Blonde
[B]Skin:[/B] Light Beige
Spell Points: 20
Spell Poinst Used:
Prepaired: 8/5/3
Level DC Arc/Div

0: DC 14/14
Detect Magic
Cure Minor Wounds
Create Water
Prestigitation
Mending
Rau of Frost
Light
Mage Hand

1st: DC 15/15
Summon Natures Ally I
Cure Light Wounds
Goodberry
Shield
Entangle

2nd: DC 16/16
Summon Natures Ally II
Barkskin
Scorching Ray

Appearance: Vasha looks like a voluptuous young girl, barely 18, with long flowing blonde hair and eyes of a vibrant blue. Her pale skill glistens as water droplets glisten off it. Her vibrant blue shimmer-silk hugs her curvatious body tightly and matches her eyes. She carries a walking staff and dagger, as well as a haversack.

Background: Desperate for help in battling the Dragonlords on Arris, the Valsian Ecomancer Marrik ai’Khala sought help in Amaranthia. Knowing little of nymphs other than their bond with nature, he told those who would listen his plight, how the few oasis’s were being destroyed by the power-hungry Dragonlords. One Naiad, Ashana Springs, took pity on the poor man, and eventually agreed to return to Arris with him. For some time, the two of them defended what oasis they could, and in the process fell in love. Less than two years after Ashana gave birth to a half-nymph daughter, who they named Vasha yn’Springs to honor her nymph heritage.

Vasha was taught they ways of the Ecomancer by her father. She learned how to tap nature for mana at a young age, but she learned how to do it while not robbing it. As she got older, her father found a large puppy, and he and Vasha cared for him and raised him. Vasha named him Puddles because it loved to play in water. Vasha and her mother were close as well, with her mother telling her tales of the beauty of Amaranthia, hoping some day to share it with her daughter.

The family had managed to setup a home at one of the desert oasis’s, and as Vasha grew older, the family dealt with the Dragonlords less. Marrik thought they had been growing weary of attacking, and grew lax in his preparations as time went on. That proved costly, as a Dragonlord assassin took him down while he was away from their home. Ashana knew something was immediately wrong. She grabbed her daughter and puddles and fled. They were not even a mile away when a blast of arcane fire came down upon their home, decimating it.

Ashana took Vasha and brought her back to Amaranthia. Vasha eventually grew envious of her mother’s connection to nature as a Nymph, and asked to become a full nymph. She became a full nymph shortly afterwards, and has made her mother proud. She changed her name to Vasha Sprignborne, and only recently has she become old enough to be considered an adult. Vasha hopes to move beyond Amaranthia and perhaps some day find out why her father was killed. Vasha’s last link to her father is her dog Puddles, who has grown quite large over time.

Puddles
Large Dog (Riding)
Medium Animal
Hit Dice: 4d8+8 (26 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 19 (+3 Dex, +6 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+6
Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d6+4)
Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d6+4)
Special Attack: Trip
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +2
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Jump +9, Listen +6, Spot +6, Swim +4, Survival +3*
Feats: Alertness, Track, Weapon Focus (Bite)
Combat
Trip (Ex): A dog that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+3 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the dog.
Skills: Riding dogs have a +4 racial bonus on Jump checks. *Riding dogs have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Does the Ecomancer get bonus spell points based on high stats?

Also, what weapons can they use, and what are the limited to via armor? Will shimmersilk be acceptable to cast druid spells in?

Also, any chance I could take the Ashbound feat from Eberron? The Anti-arcane sentiment they have seems appropriate for the Ecomancer, and it fits my vision of her too.

Thoughts on a good animal companion would be good too. Not a lot of good desert animals other than a camel, and, well, um, no. :)

Is the Ecomancer supposed to have Wild Empathy?
I believe the effects of spellcasting stats are discussed in the Ecomancer class, but I'm not allowed to download anything at work, so I can't mention it for sure--I'll check when I get home.

Ecomancers are proficient with all nonmetal wizard and druid weapons (I have no idea why druids get scimitars, but they are out). All armour gives them ASF, though Mojiin Greenweave armour specifically reduces ASF for Ecomancers more than anyone (I believe the number is 15%). Shimmersilk is good for Ecomancers too because it has no ASF.

I don't know what the Ashbound feat does (would you believe I don't have any Eberron books? :p), but keep in mind that the Ecomancer is an arcane caster.

Animal companions--the few lush areas of Arris sometimes have non-desert animals, and I would suspect that a Naiad would enjoy those places. Also, perhaps she found another companion on Amaranthia?

Ecomancers don't have Wild Empathy, but I think (can't remember--its either them or Preservers or both) that they may have another ability that makes animals and plants like them

Bront

The man with the probe
ecomancer RAW said:
Also, the Ecomancer gains bonus Spells Prepared from Intelligence and bonus Spell Points
from Wisdom
Found it, I missed the "Bonus spell points" do to a word wrap issue in notepad :) Bonus spell points are 1 per spell level gained from the atribute (1 per 1st level spell, 2 per second, ect)? Or as per the psionic rules?

Druids get Scimitars I think because of the curved shape like the crecent moon. Technicaly, they can use any weapon but aren't trained in many, unlike armor, which is more restrictive. She'll probably wear shimmersilk, it's pretty light. She's got to worry about carying capacity.

Ashbound: Summoned Natures Ally creatures gain +3 luck bonus on attack, but requires you can spontaniously cast Summon Natures Ally. The Ashbound believe that non-druidic magic is detrimental to the world in general, though some are a bit more extreme than others. I was invisioning this more forcused against the dragonlords, but if you say no, I'll understand.

Cool, I'll ponder where she got hers then. If i think of a non-standard animal that would fit as an L1 companion, I'll ask you about it.

Preservers get Wild Empathy. Ecomancers don't get anything else, though they eventualy get wild shape.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yup, Bonus Spell Points are as the XPH

Hmm...I'm thinking that Ashbound + Augment Summoning may be a little strong. Selene would really slaughter with that :D What's the flavour on where the luck bonus comes from, is it only on attacks against people the Ashbound don't like, or against everybody?

Yup, Ecomancers don't get Wild Empathy on purpose. I checked it, and it is correct :)

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool.

The flavor is that it's a simple luck bonus, but you need to be a member of the Ashbound druids, who think all forms of magic that isn't theirs (Arcane and Divine) is bad and unnaturaly. (Technicaly, the book doesn't stat that their magic is an exception, and that they dislike all magic, but that's ironic given this feat, so I assume that's an oversight.) It only applies to Summon Natures Ally, which this character will depend on a bit as she doesn't go into combat much herself (Note her -3 strength penalty).

K, figured I'd ask, it seemed somewhat appropriate.

I'll have to dig through the nymph stuff to pull out their stock racial abilities. Are there feats you can take to activate their other inherant nymph abilities?

As a prior half-nymph, do I have anything odd? Or am I just a full nymph as far as everything is concerned?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Cool.

The flavor is that it's a simple luck bonus, but you need to be a member of the Ashbound druids, who think all forms of magic that isn't theirs (Arcane and Divine) is bad and unnaturaly. (Technicaly, the book doesn't stat that their magic is an exception, and that they dislike all magic, but that's ironic given this feat, so I assume that's an oversight.) It only applies to Summon Natures Ally, which this character will depend on a bit as she doesn't go into combat much herself (Note her -3 strength penalty).

K, figured I'd ask, it seemed somewhat appropriate.

I'll have to dig through the nymph stuff to pull out their stock racial abilities. Are there feats you can take to activate their other inherant nymph abilities?

As a prior half-nymph, do I have anything odd? Or am I just a full nymph as far as everything is concerned?
Sounds like the Ashbound feat is balanced by a roleplaying penalty / requirement in Eberron (hating all magic is a pretty big roleplaying penalty), so it probably wouldn't fit well outside of Eberron.

You get the other inherent Nymph abilities by multiclassing in the Nymph racial class.

As far as everything is concerned, you became a full Nymph :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads