Spelljammer Dipping Into Spelljammer- Did It

Zardnaar

Legend
D6 is the best Star Wars rpg, hands down, and one of my favorite RPGs of all time.

What I meant is that I would treat Spelljammer like fantasy Star Wars. Star Wars at its heart is essentially a sci-fi pulp/adventure setting. With Spelljammer, you turn down the tech and throw in more fantasy (and even steampunk).

In D6 smugglers with a side helping of pirates. In Spelljammer, Pirates with a side helping of smuggling.

They tricked out a man o war for speed and maneuverability and put a ram on it.

Sadras

Legend
In our campaign PCs investigated a Bad Magic Point in the Canolbarth Forest (Kingdom of Alfheim - Mystara) where there were incidents of elves being kidnapped by strange beings. PCs entered the shimmering portal at the Bad Magic Point only to be transported to some sort of way-station* which operated a dozen or teleportation circles.
They see a ship approaching the way-station and strange beings climbing off (Githyanki). Some conflict ensues between the strangers and the PCs. The PCs do not have time to investigate the operating mechanism properly however they managed to activate a portal - and step through in an attempt to save themselves from the misty-stepping Githyanki
They arrive in Greenest - queue ToD and SKT campaign storyline.

I have every intention of incorporating some Spelljammer into our storyline. Never played that setting in the 90's so I'm reading up as I need to.

*The way-station being an archaic construct floating within the Bleed (the Astral Plane between multiverses).

Remove ads