Disable the huge ads on front page

Sammael

Adventurer
Is it possible? Right now, on my screen, 1/2 of the front page is taken up by the navigation elements, and the other half is taken up by two huge ads. I can't see the news at all without enabling AdThwart or scrolling down (which I'm highly unlikely to do).

Merkuri

Explorer
I have to admit that I'm much less likely to actually read the news now that those two huge ads are there. I used to just glance at it, and if there was anything interesting I'd scroll down. Now there's nothing visible there to peak my interest before I click through to the forums.

I know how much ad revenue means to EN World, so I probably won't change my bookmarked page, but other people might not see it that way and may decide to change their bookmarks to jump straight to the forums.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They'll be gone soon - moved back down to the bottom where they were. I need to measure something, so they'll be there for 7 days (well, two more days now, actually). It's not a permanent thing - so please be patient and put up with it for another couple of days! :)

Merkuri

Explorer
Can I ask what the experiment was? Were you seeing if those ads got a different number of views whether they were at the top or the bottom?

I'm just curious. :p

By the way, for the record I was not complaining about the ad placement, just giving what I hoped was constructive criticism.

Remove ads