• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

disabling "New LinkBack to post" mails?

Tanstaafl_au

Explorer
Hopefully right place to ask.

I am most likely blind, but how do I disable the emailed notifications for New LinkBack to post?

I don't really care who links to enworld posts that I'm reading. I can't find it under Messaging & Notification in options.

Tanstaafl_au

Explorer
I'm sorry. I have no idea what you're referring to. Can you clarify?

Sure, no problems.

I posted in the thread about 1st edition reprints.
I got an email notifying about a new link back from Enworld. Not about a reply, but because someone used the linkback function I guess.

Screen shots:
Mail header - Different from message about new post in a thread.
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/5259/mailheader.png
mailheader.png

Mail Body - explaining its a linkback notification.
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/9359/mailbody.png
mailbody.png

It looks like unsubscribing from the thread would stop the notification, but I'd would prefer being able to see new replies without getting info about linkbacks.

I hope that makes more sense.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wow. Even I don't get them. You must be on some uber-admin setting, somehow!

I'll take a look when I get a minute.

IronWolf

blank
i get the Link Back notifications as well. I've been tending to mute the conversation in Gmail so I don't see them anymore. A lot of these are threads I don't want to unsubscribe from (which the message at the bottom of the email seems to indicate would stop the Link Back notifications as well) as I am interested in new comments.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I know of at least one other user (docwatson223) that has complained about receiving these e-mails, and asked how to turn them off.

Remove ads